🐰 Easter - Custom Ornament Business Kit 🌼 50% Off through March 31, 2024 ×

Different pix posting issue?

I have posted here many times.  Today I went to post and it will let me post text.  I can even go back in after posting and edit.  What I can't do today is post a pix url.  The dialogue comes up, I can paste in the pix url, but the buttons on the dialogue are dead!  Weird.  Thanks in advance.  Russ

Hmmmm, just tried to paste in the url here and I can't paste here!  Just tried pasting into MS Word with the same url, it works, but can't paste here.  Tried pasting to the 'code' button dialogue here and it works.  See below.  Hmmmmmm.

http://hobby-tronics.lenzus.com/content/21775739/r/s_13326463.jpg

I really appreciate the help.  The toggling the switch does not seem to work on my machine.  When I click that upper left hand switch, my post changes to 'courier' text like when using notepad.  I can toggle that switch back and forth, but nether setting lets me correctly activate and use the 'image' dialogue.  When in the 'text' mode the buttons are greyed out, when in the 'edit' mode, the button does not work.  Russ

Ok I can pull an image down from the 'my media' button!

My shop

Edited by Chiloquinruss

So I'm trying this from a machine at the train club and it seems to work OK.  So it has to be something on my home machine and its configuration.  Thanks for the pointers.  I will continue to work on this until it's fixed!   :razz:   Russ

s_77224877.jpg

My shop on the river and posted as it used to post on my home machine!  Hmmmmmm.

I really appreciate the help.  The toggling the switch does not seem to work on my machine.  When I click that upper left hand switch, my post changes to 'courier' text like when using notepad.  I can toggle that switch back and forth, but nether setting lets me correctly activate and use the 'image' dialogue.  When in the 'text' mode the buttons are greyed out, when in the 'edit' mode, the button does not work.  Russ

Ok I can pull an image down from the 'my media' button!

Are you looking for the section to attach an image?  If so, in the lower right corner of your post box, click the More Reply Options.  This will give you the option to upload an image or attachment.

OK here is the scheme of things:

1.  First I click on the button on the bottom right that gives you the expanded options.

2.  Then I click on the 'image' button and this dialogue appears.

capture 01

3.  Then I paste in the link data to my online pix I want to add to my post as follows:

Capture 02

4.  At this point it hangs and nothing happens.  So I try and 'x' out or cancel and get.

Capture 03

5. from that point I have no control and reload the forum.

BTW the images in this post were first uploaded to my 'gallery' here and then while making this post I used the 'My Media' button shown on the top row.  Russ

It must be a java based issue.  I have IE11 and Chrome on the home machine and that is the one that is not working correctly from either browser.  It works fine on the machine at work, that also has IE11 and Chrome and works good from either.  

Thanks for the heads up on java.  I will download the current goodies and see what kinds of trouble that brings!   :D   

Anyhow thanks for the assistance.  Russ

Edited by Chiloquinruss

OK it appears it has something to do with the 'paste' buffer on my home machine and this forum.  I have emailed IP Board to see if they could help guide me to a solution.  Ctrl V doesn't work.  Right click and select paste doesn't work either.  I have no issues anywhere else on the net.  I have been doing desktops since the old Commodore Pet days so when I say I'm stumped on this one, believe it!  :D  Russ