🐰 Easter - Custom Ornament Business Kit 🌼 50% Off through March 31, 2024 ×

Newbie from Wisconsin

Scruffydog

WELCOME , I would think you have set a realistic goal and with the help you can get here you well even enjoy yourself.

As a hobby your set now, as a business you will have to get into finishing, prices, what's likely to sell in your area, even advertising if only at your own Booth. You may already know all this if not ask and the help is here, post often with updates.

Hi, Another new guy from Wisconsin. Started scrolling recently and am practicing almost daily after work. My goal is to be proficient enough in a year or two to sell my work at shows and craft fairs, and transition into that when I retire. Thanks in advance for the welcome! :)

Load your self up with completed projects.Everything sells at craft meets.

Welcome from Lubbock Texas.  I spent my first 38 years in Racine.  I am retired and make and sell wooden items I make in my woodshop.  Mostly using my scroll saw.  There are many different processes that can be done using a simple scroll saw.  I suggest you research them and try a few.  Most people do fretwork, I do not,  I have done: Double bevel  inlay, segmentation, intarsia, toy making, puzzles, compound cutting, lettering, bowl making,  and sign making.

Hi: I am also from Wisconsin. I am retired and in love with scrolling. I have been doing it for 2 years. Last year I did some craft shows. Didn't go laughing all the way to the bank but loved meeting and talking with everyone, particularly other scrollers. I'm excited to have found this site. Thanks.