We notice you are using AdBlock.  Please consider turning it off for Scroll Saw Village.  We rely on minimal ads to keep the lights on.  Thank you for your support.

I made the mistake of showing my the wife Judy Gale Roberts catalog.  She spotted this eagle and announced that it was my next project. :o  This is the 36" wing span version that JGR sells.  It took me about a month of on/off work but finally finished it. 

Comments welcome.

post-23508-0-52734600-1489682361_thumb.jpg

post-23508-0-63217300-1489682364_thumb.jpg

post-23508-0-33789800-1489682367_thumb.jpg

Edited by GrampaJim

Beautiful work.  I am sure your wife was delighted!  Your problem is still that she has now seen JGR's catalog. She will soon have another one on your "next to do list" from there!  Thanks for sharing.

I made the mistake of showing my the wife Judy Gale Roberts catalog.  She spotted this eagle and announced that it was my next project. :o  This is the 36" wing span version that JGR sells.  It took me about a month of on/off work but finally finished it. 

Comments welcome.

Finest eagle around. Great addition to any Place.

Thanks for all the kind words!  The wife wanted the 36" size over the 24" because she had a spot in mind.  I had never done a piece that big before, but find the cutting and shaping are easier with large pieces.  Little tiny bits are tough to hold onto!  Another lesson learned.  She is happy with it, I try to ignore the problem areas and just smile. 

Great job! I actually have the same eagle on the wall behind me in my office right now. My Grandpa and a friend of his made a few of them in the mid '90s. Looking at it everyday is what inspired me to buy my scroll saw! I hope yours will bring inspiration to a future generation as well.

Great job! I actually have the same eagle on the wall behind me in my office right now. My Grandpa and a friend of his made a few of them in the mid '90s. Looking at it everyday is what inspired me to buy my scroll saw! I hope yours will bring inspiration to a future generation as well.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. 

Even my teenage grandsons like it so it must be OK.