🐰 Easter - Custom Ornament Business Kit 🌼 50% Off through March 31, 2024 ×

Outdoor Swing/Pergola

smitty0312

2 projects to check off my spring tp-do list. Not much scroll sawing on this but I thought I would share it to hope inspire anyone else. I made the swing part a couple weeks ago, then spent this past weekend building the pergola for the swing to hang from. We sat 3 people on it(600lbs) and it didn't budge so I hope it will last a very long time. I will stain it in a year the cedar color to match my deck. All is made from pressure treated lumber. I drew up some of my own plans and took 1 step at a time. I am very pleased the way it turned out. I also added a new fire pit. All comments good or bad are welcome. Thank You

Now it's time to get back to my scroll sawing..........

post-1428-0-72481400-1490015296_thumb.jpg

2 projects to check off my spring tp-do list. Not much scroll sawing on this but I thought I would share it to hope inspire anyone else. I made the swing part a couple weeks ago, then spent this past weekend building the pergola for the swing to hang from. We sat 3 people on it(600lbs) and it didn't budge so I hope it will last a very long time. I will stain it in a year the cedar color to match my deck. All is made from pressure treated lumber. I drew up some of my own plans and took 1 step at a time. I am very pleased the way it turned out. I also added a new fire pit. All comments good or bad are welcome. Thank You

Now it's time to get back to my scroll sawing..........

I guess the only shade will be from the tree,Maybe.But you sit outside that's what to expect,lol.Nice work Smitty.

OK  no one has put in any bad comments so I will be honest and send this one to you............The only really, really bad thing about the fire pit and the swing is...............................that you didn't come to my house and make it for us..... 

All kidding aside. I really like both the fire pit and the swing. If I was to make something as nice as those at our house, I would probably be elevated so high by my wife that she might never expect me to do another thing around the house

Dick

heppnerguy