We notice you are using AdBlock.  Please consider turning it off for Scroll Saw Village.  We rely on minimal ads to keep the lights on.  Thank you for your support.

newfie

First day of spring

Yesterday the ground was snow free today the first day of spring we got about 40cm of snow and around 50kms of wind. Out 3 times shoveling the darn stuff got to love newfoundland weather. anybody want it free for the taking LOL. Sorry for the side ways picture.

post-1860-0-06840100-1490041106_thumb.jpg

Edited by newfie

Beautiful view you have there. Shoveling snow is not one of my more favorite things to do. But I love looking at it when it is freshly fallen and glistening in the sun.

Well Todd, if you can send the view with the weather I'll take them both. I use to love shoveling but now the snow thrower is my ticket. Of course it's still hidden in the shed and at this point in the game I'd like to keep it there.

Beautiful view you have there. Shoveling snow is not one of my more favorite things to do. But I love looking at it when it is freshly fallen and glistening in the sun.

It's a nice view and the fresh snow is nice you look at but when you got about a 200 foot walk way to shovel it gets hard on the back after 3 times in less then 6 hours or so give or take. But gotta love it.

Edited by newfie

Well Todd, if you can send the view with the weather I'll take them both. I use to love shoveling but now the snow thrower is my ticket. Of course it's still hidden in the shed and at this point in the game I'd like to keep it there.

Sorry Dan you can't have the view but you certainly can have the weather.

Edited by newfie

Finally got the picture flipped right and a beautiful sunset one of our friends took a few nights ago that he said I could use plus a picture from last summer down by the local fisherman's wharf.

post-1860-0-81754600-1490051346_thumb.jpg

post-1860-0-33145900-1490051371_thumb.jpg

post-1860-0-34619800-1490051405_thumb.jpg

We got nailed here tooTodd.They called for 5cm, we got 30 plus.tired

of it now.

Yep here in newfoundland we call it Sheila brush don't know if anyone else ever heard of it. It's A winter storm that happens around st. Patrick's day as long as I can remember it happens that way.

Didn't get snow, been beautiful for the past 7 days or so, today we had Sleet, rain, cold north wind.  Mother Nature just letting us know, it ain't over until it is over.  But this was two days ago, in my neighbors field just below our house. 

post-22608-0-77230100-1490053300_thumb.jpg

Yes thank you for the photos Todd, I will take the snow and the view thanks but can I have it a tad warmer?  :razz::lol: :lol:

Marg

ODE TO SHEILA- By Chris Murphy

Sheila will come

and Sheila will go

Along the way, expect rain, ice

and certainly some snow.

And it's a foregone conclusion

that the wind is gonna blow.

So why does Sheila's Brush

come around every St. Patrick's Day or so?

It's because Sheila loves Newfoundland

don't you know.

But once Sheila's gone...

Spring is soon to show.

Sheila will come

and Sheila will go

and certainly some snow.

don't you know.

Spring is soon to show.

Yep that's about right got the snow yesterday the ice & rain today along with the wind

Sheila will come

and Sheila will go

and certainly some snow.

don't you know.

Spring is soon to show.

Dan, this site should have a separate tab for quoted poetry.  :lol:

Finally got the picture flipped right and a beautiful sunset one of our friends took a few nights ago that he said I could use plus a picture from last summer down by the local fisherman's wharf.

That harbor is just the ticket to see!

Todd, if you own the rights to the third picture, would you please e-mail me a copy of it? It would make a beautiful picture puzzle, and I might try to get it made into one. If you would rather not share it with me, that's fine.

Len

Todd, if you own the rights to the third picture, would you please e-mail me a copy of it? It would make a beautiful picture puzzle, and I might try to get it made into one. If you would rather not share it with me, that's fine.

Len

Will I never took the picture myself but when I seen the picture I asked my friend could I use it for projects and he told me to go ahead and use all that I want.so I don't know if that counts for having the rights to it or not.

No Todd it doesn't, you would have to let him know exactly what the photo was going to be used for. Plus, you should have written permission to use it, but since it's not one of your pictures forget about my asking to use it.

Len