Articles menu broken?

JOE_M

Top menu between Pattern Library and Chat Room (Chat room??) says Articles. I hovered my mouse over that and saw GIMP tutorials and Inkscape tutorials listed, but when I clicked on either one of them it looks like I just killed the internet because everything goes white and all I get is this error message:

Fatal error: Incompatible file format: The encoded file has format major ID 3, whereas the Loader expects 7 in /home1/rayzir/public_html/hostedsites/ssv/1274/sources/template_plugins/tp_advertisement.php on line 0

I tried just clicking Articles, or any of the other items underneath it, and they all give me the same error.

Ad-Blocker is disabled on SSV.

??

Joe

OK, thanks. I had read the pinned note about the upgrade, just figured it meant the site might suddenly go down. I didn't know it might mean individual pages might get flaky.  Today the entire Articles page is gone. I hope it comes back - I finally made just the slightest bit of progress with inkscape yesterday and was hoping to find some decent tutorials to learn more.

Joe

Here is link to Inkscape tutorials at Village University  http://www.scrollsawvillage.com/forum/47-village-university/

Larry

Thanks. I was hoping there was something more recent than 2009. It drives me crazy to be following along in a video and they tell me to click a button that doesn't exist anymore, or was moved to a different menu 17 versions ago.

Thanks. I was hoping there was something more recent than 2009. It drives me crazy to be following along in a video and they tell me to click a button that doesn't exist anymore, or was moved to a different menu 17 versions ago.

I made those videos quite a number of years ago.  I think all the buttons and the processes are still valid.  You might have yours set to a different layout.  Try going to View>Default to see if the buttons match mine.

All of the articles are just forum posts.  The articles section just brings them together in one spot.  So the articles are usually in the Works In Progress/Tutorials forum.  So if you're looking for something outside of the design tutorials, a quick search should do the trick.  The design tutorials are in Village University as Larry said.  

I had to upgrade my PHP software before upgrading SSV.  When I did that, it did break some sections (including the articles).  Once everything is up to date, I'm guessing that those other sections will work again and I can turn them on.