🐰 Easter - Custom Ornament Business Kit 🌼 50% Off through March 31, 2024 ×

Hello Scrollers

Retired Scroller

Hello from Southwest Kansas, USA.

I just registered with Scroll Saw Village. I've been scrolling for about six months now, after another retired acquaintance introduced me to the hobby. I really needed to have something to help me get through the winter months, especially during my first year of retirement, I find I do have the patience and desire to complete scroll work with the detail it requires for a nice finished work.

Lately I have made a couple of intermediate Victorian style clocks and have purchased patterns for larger, more intricate clock projects. Harley Davidson plaques are interesting and popular with personal friends. Just recently I have a request for using Harley plaques with the names, dates and birth weight of family children in place of the Harley wording. If anyone has a scroll pattern I can use for this purpose I would certainly like to see these. I have a sample pattern attached although I am unsure of how to cut this with the letter/number inner cutouts being separate. 

I would appreciate any feedback on this project and also look forward to being part of the Scroll Saw Village community.

Harley plaque personalized.jpg

Dave, welcome to the Village.  Sorry, I am not a pattern maker so I can't help you and I am just plain sorry I am not a pattern maker....  Some day maybe. 

I think you will like it here. Very nice people, and they are always willing to help, just like Heppnerguy just demonstrated. 

11 hours ago, Retired Scroller said:

Hello from Southwest Kansas, USA.

I just registered with Scroll Saw Village. I've been scrolling for about six months now, after another retired acquaintance introduced me to the hobby. I really needed to have something to help me get through the winter months, especially during my first year of retirement, I find I do have the patience and desire to complete scroll work with the detail it requires for a nice finished work.

Lately I have made a couple of intermediate Victorian style clocks and have purchased patterns for larger, more intricate clock projects. Harley Davidson plaques are interesting and popular with personal friends. Just recently I have a request for using Harley plaques with the names, dates and birth weight of family children in place of the Harley wording. If anyone has a scroll pattern I can use for this purpose I would certainly like to see these. I have a sample pattern attached although I am unsure of how to cut this with the letter/number inner cutouts being separate. 

I would appreciate any feedback on this project and also look forward to being part of the Scroll Saw Village community.

Harley plaque personalized.jpg

Your going to ,love every second you spend here.Welcome friend