🐰 Easter - Custom Ornament Business Kit 🌼 50% Off through March 31, 2024 ×

Makin' lots of sawdust...

Iguanadon

My goal is to cut 5 a day and if time allows, and if I feel like it, I just keep cutting... I got 17 cut between yesterday and today and I oiled them and have them drying on the rack.  Laid out 26 more patterns on a 7' board and will start working on them tomorrow.  

I'm all set for my first week at the Farmers Market for the summer of 2017 this Saturday.  Let's see if I'm as popular as last year.  I averaged selling 25 each Saturday during the 5 hour event last year.  Fingers crossed.  Holiday weekend, great weather, hoping for a good one.

IMG_20170525_141400.jpg

IMG_20170525_150220.jpg

Edited by Iguanadon

14 hours ago, Iguanadon said:

My goal is to cut 5 a day and if time allows, and if I feel like it, I just keep cutting... I got 17 cut between yesterday and today and I oiled them and have them drying on the rack.  Laid out 26 more patterns on a 7' board and will start working on them tomorrow.  

I'm all set for my first week at the Farmers Market for the summer of 2017 this Saturday.  Let's see if I'm as popular as last year.  I averaged selling 25 each Saturday during the 5 hour event.  Fingers crossed.  Holiday weekend, great weather, hoping for a good one.

IMG_20170525_141400.jpg

IMG_20170525_150220.jpg

I have got my list ready for the patterns I want to try from your site tell me please what wood do you use mainly for these 

1 hour ago, blights69 said:

I have got my list ready for the patterns I want to try from your site tell me please what wood do you use mainly for these 

Hi Frank, I use Poplar simply because I like the color variations.  It's a little brittle due to the tight grain and you have to be careful with it snapping at narrow places.

By the way, if you hadn't seen my post where I describe my entire process and everything I use, see here.  Let me know if you have any questions about my process or about ordering patterns.  Harvey and I thank you.

1 hour ago, Iguanadon said:

Hi Frank, I use Poplar simply because I like the color variations.  It's a little brittle due to the tight grain and you have to be careful with it snapping at narrow places.

By the way, if you hadn't seen my post where I describe my entire process and everything I use, see here.  Let me know if you have any questions about my process or about ordering patterns.  Harvey and I thank you.

Thanks Harvey I have placed an order on your site for patterns and look forward to giving them a go 

17 minutes ago, blights69 said:

Thanks Harvey I have placed an order on your site for patterns and look forward to giving them a go 

Order received and I emailed the patterns to you in batches.  Multiple emails.  Please let me know you received them.

Thanks

Iggy/Scott

3 minutes ago, rjweb said:

Good luck tomorrow at the market fair, question I see that you have a long board with your patterns laid out on it, how do you go about cutting them apart, is it done on your scroll saw or are using a jig saw, thx, RJ

Thanks RJ, hoping for a good day tomorrow after 2 mediocre events the past couple of weeks.

I use a jigsaw to cut the long board into manageable pieces of 3 or 4 animals.  Then head to my scroll saw and cut the outlines of each one and stack 'em up.  Just finished doing that for the batch in the picture.  Next is to drill the holes for each eye, closed letter, etc.  

On 5/25/2017 at 2:20 PM, Iguanadon said:

I'm all set for my first week at the Farmers Market for the summer of 2017 this Saturday.  Let's see if I'm as popular as last year.  I averaged selling 25 each Saturday during the 5 hour event last year.  Fingers crossed.  Holiday weekend, great weather, hoping for a good one.

IMG_20170525_141400.jpg

IMG_20170525_150220.jpg

Looks like you cornered the animal puzzles at the craft shows hands down!