Member Map

Travis

Howdy All.  I brought back the Member Map.  It's fun to see where everybody is.  Who knows, there might be a scroller near you!  Check it out.  It takes data from your profile (the Location section) and puts it on the map.  You can also update your location from the Member Map section.  There's a button that says"My Location" where you can type in your city or zipcode (I wouldn't put your home address, though).  Anyway, it's a fun section to look at.

I'm bringing back features bit by bit and checking the impact on our server.  I'll roll out other features soon enough too. :)

There are some oddities there too. I zoomed in to southern AZ and see there are 3 members from Dragoon. Dragoon is pretty little town in the middle of nowhere with an official population of just 209, (and I think they're counting roadrunners, rattlesnakes and other critters in that number.)

I, on the other hand, thought I was south of Tucson AZ. But it appears that I am in Azerbaijan along with a dozen other members. I'd update it but the weather in southern AZ will top 100 again today, while in Azerbaijan it is a balmy 70 so I'll stick around for a bit. :)

20 hours ago, JOE_M said:

There are some oddities there too. I zoomed in to southern AZ and see there are 3 members from Dragoon. Dragoon is pretty little town in the middle of nowhere with an official population of just 209, (and I think they're counting roadrunners, rattlesnakes and other critters in that number.)

I, on the other hand, thought I was south of Tucson AZ. But it appears that I am in Azerbaijan along with a dozen other members. I'd update it but the weather in southern AZ will top 100 again today, while in Azerbaijan it is a balmy 70 so I'll stick around for a bit. :)

I think I would do the same! :lol: