🐰 Easter - Custom Ornament Business Kit 🌼 50% Off through March 31, 2024 ×

johnnyo

3 hours ago, johnnyo said:

Thank you all for the great welcome.. Special thanks to Joe M. for the book he sent me , what a great gesture that was. 

We are leaving in an hour for Ontario to visit our son, (1880 mile drive) will take about 5 days each way pulling our camper. And no computer .Mine caught fire last week & fried. 

I found a DeWalt 788 Type 1, for sale in Ontario, close to my son's place. Used very little & like new, so my son picked it up for me. I wanted to send him money for it, but he said that was my Father's Day present. It'll be coming home with me, early August. I will be off line till then.. 

Happy scrolling everyone., John

Enjoy your trip and Happy Father's day - awesome gift from your son. Look forward to hearing and seeing more once you get it home and are back on line.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the wisdom of Randy, but in this case, be aware that the 'helper keys' do give you better leverage. however they also will increase the width of the blade clamp and at the same time increase the clamping problems that are often found with the DeWalt saws. The clamp replacement parts are super easy to change and only cost about $14. This is a better way to address the clamping problem, should you find that becomes a concern. I would also replace the the thumb screw, blade clamp at the same time. again, quite inexpensive. Also keep in mind that the lower blade clamp is the same as the upper blade clamp. Have fun with your new saw, it is a great saw.

Dick

heppnerguy

• 2 weeks later...

We went to Ontario to visit our son, . 

I found a DeWalt 788 Type 1, for sale in Ontario, close to my son's place.  I brought it  home with me, what an awesome looking machine, much heavier than the Dremel 1680, which I sold.

The Dewalt even came withe the arm lifter, but the guy didn't know how to install it & he lost the little thing that goes on the end of the arm, & hooks onto the bolt to hold the arm up. will have to make something.

Also would anybody happen to know where I cam pick up a stand for it in Canada? Home Depot in the USA have it for $74.99, but not available at Home Depot in Canada...

Or better yet, does any body have plans to build one on casters so it can be moved? 

Happy scrolling everyone., John

Edited by johnnyo
spelling