New member here

Messerjg

10 hours ago, Messerjg said:

New member from southeast michigan. Been scrolling off and on for 15ish years but actually cutting for about 3 years. Been doing various woodworking project since 7th grade( like 1989) lol

your going to be really something here with all you've done ,we''ll be taking notes from you! Welcome aboard friend and don't be a stranger ,the more the merrier here and all opinions welcome!

Welcome from hot and sunny Arizona. I am a little confused about your statement of being a scroller for 15ish years but only cutting for 3 years. Could you explain how you can be a scroller for so long but only a cutter for 3 years?

That being asked, I hope you log on often, explore all the fun and wonderful things that The Village offers and always remember that questions asked, about any part of scrolling. will always be answered, usually with several view points within the answers. This does not  necessarily mean someone is right and another is wrong. It just points out that not everyone does things exactly the same and all  may be valid answers.  I would suggest that if you run across that. try a few that seems most desirable to you and eventually you will stumble on the way that works best for you. There are a lot of very talented people here and they are always willing to share their knowledge with others. How nice is that?

Most important is to post replies to others and post your comments or start a thread at any time. The more you participate the more like family you will feel

Dick

heppnerguy

Thank you everyone for the big welcome here!!! I am from a small town in the country called Petersburg. Not far from the Ohio border. Scrolling fo 15 years but cutting for three - kinda mean my scroll saw work was about 15 years ago but due to locations where I live, space available (apartments) and raising kids and what not, that I have had long periods of time where I was not able to do and scrollsaw work. Sometimes for 5 years at a time. Then I would cut for some time and then have to stop again. Being in the military also prevented me from doing it at times too. 

I will post new pics when i get them and my older stuff when i get all my stuff unpacked.

Again.... thanks everyone for the warm welcome!!