🐰 Easter - Custom Ornament Business Kit 🌼 50% Off through March 31, 2024 ×

ink scape frustration

bandaideman

OK here goes I have made several interwoven word signs or what ever they are. for family and friend ( at least the ones I like). The issue is now I get to the end where you select the gray dynamic off set and then shift select the name and low and behold the grey disappears and you have the pattern. Well what happens on the last one I was making is that i select the gray and shift selct the black name and go to path and difference and bingo the entire black name disappears not the gray. It seems I can do a few signs then I have difficulty doing one. This is my present delema. I always watch and do everything travis does when he does it always. But yet I will have it mess up. any thoughts  I will start all over completely and see what happens on try number 3. Any ideas?

1.  Keep hitting "Save after every action or two.

2.  If you mess up something EDIT - UNDO LAST is your best friend.  (You can repeat as needed, or close your work and go back to your last SAVE.)

3.  When you are ready to SELECT the color you want, really, REALLY enlarge the heck out of the image (the + on your keyboard).  This gives you a much bigger area of color to SELECT for removal.  When you think you have selected the correct color, check the bottom left corner to verify that you have indeed clicked on the correct color.  If so, select your large word, hold SHIFT and select the small word.  DIFFERENCE.

Hope this helps Friend.  jerry

I need to correct myself.  It's been a long time since I did a pattern for Intersecting Word Art.  Plus my memory is so bad that I don't remember what I had for breakfast this morning.

Near the end of Line 3 above, You select the GRAY, hold SHIFT and Select the other word (I think it's the large word, but don't have time to try it now.)

My Bad !!  :x

Thanks for the information. Cheat sheet sounds good and your right Jerry I spotted that and understood what you meant. Well now I am off to make another try.  It is hard to believe I have made 10 of these successfully. Talk about slow learner. I always do them along side Travis. I will try writing it down step by step and save more. 

Edited by bandaideman
update SUCCESS Thanks guys. all went well