Garage 88 degrees (yuck)

jbrowning

11 hours ago, Iguanadon said:

I'd be thrilled if it was only 88 degrees in my garage.  LOL  Mine is reaching 93, 94 with 80% humidity.  I just moved into this house 10 months ago, so this is my first summer and I am also trying to decide what to do, if anything.  I have an area enclosed in plastic where I do all of my scroll cutting, intended for dust control, but it also is great for cooling a small area with a portable AC (bought at Home Depot).  It's fabulous and I can cut in there for hours if I want to.  The rest of the garage is still unbearable, so any work that needs to be done outside the plastic area is done first thing in the mornings.

Make sure you use paper pleated filters ,cut down if necessary

9 hours ago, Iguanadon said:

LOL, well I'm thinking of having a wall built, my garage is a 2 1/2 car garage, literally 900 sqft and my workshop areas is in the "1/2"... I could build a wall with a door and probably be able to heat and cool it rather easily... but that's something I'll pursue down the road.

By the way, the entire Hawk saw thing is a bust.  I'll be providing details soon once I calm down.  ;-)

Oh no Mr. Bill,lol

11 hours ago, amazingkevin said:

paint your garage any color with ceramic paint heat cannot go thru it .the shuttle uses ceramic paint and works great it's water base to.all white paint company in fort lauderdale sells it on 21st. terr.

I'd love to, except we are renting the house we are in for now. So painting anything cannot be done with out permission.