Hi there

DerBengel

Another Welcome to the village - this one from East TN.  Fortunately, I have a hubby who has a router and many other tools that he helps me with when I want to learn those.  He however really didn't use the scroll saw that I had had him buy so I hang out here in the Village to learn from the masters here.  Great group who have helped and encourage me a lot in the past little more than a year I have been here.  My interests in projects to cut has also greatly expanded during that same time. :D

• Travis featured and unfeatured this topic
23 hours ago, DerBengel said:

I am a member of a router forum to learn more about techniques and finding my potential. I also have a scroll saw and have done very little with it. It's time I start learning the potential of this tool, as well!

Welcome friend,as you can see there's very little that can't be done with the scroll saw.I'm always willing to try new things with it.Keep coming back and hopefully be a regular.Everybody's opinion counts here.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the Village,

In my opinion, the scroll saw is one of the most versatile tools found
in a small shop.
You can do beautiful fretwork, large plaques, 3D compound cutting,
marquetry or inlay and on and on. OH, I forgot to mention, you can
even make bowls or vases that look like they were turned on a lathe!
Have fun and show us some pictures as you experiment.

God Bless! Spirithorse

Edited by spirithorse
additional comment

• 4 months later...

Hi Everyone!

I apologize for not responding sooner! I have had TONS of doctor appts, computer trouble, some online classes...I tried to sign in a few times and decided I will do it later. Well, it's much later, but here I am, finally.

And, "Hallo Montserrat, wie bist du?" Ich habe Deutcherblut in meine Gene , aber ich bin Amerikanerin. Ich studiere Deutschsprache aber ich habe ein kleines Vokaular und ich habe viel Ärger mit der Grammatik! I can't seem to do Dativ or Genitiv too well and sometimes I forget to put my verb in after trying to get through all the other words or I put it in the wrong place. LOL 

My German teacher got a kick out of me one day, because she was bragging how you can make words all the time-which is very true. But I piped up and said, "AH! Erdbeerekurzekuchen!" She started laughing and then finally said, "I don't even think they have that over there!" So she realized be careful what you say, very quickly! I also have learned that the hard way...trying to tell a couple online friends I was back and I guess I called myself a back end, if you know what I mean. UGH! lol

Yes, I have discovered the world of intarsia and that marquetry and have become very fascinated with it. I don't see that kind of work where I live. Not sure why. But I am not ready to jump there quite yet.

I am still looking to master basic cutting and maybe make some gifts and if I can get creative and skilled, make a little (much needed) side money.

Thanks for the warm welcome and I hate to say this, but I am going to be here very sporadically. I won a scholarship for an online nanodegree in front-end web development and it's going to last 3 months. I am working very hard on it, because out of 25,000 recipients, only 5,000 move on to a 2nd scholarship for an additional 9-month nanodegree. I reallllllllly want to be 1 of the 5,000!

Not sure how, but I didn't even have notifications on for this thread, but I do now! :-)

Edited by DerBengel