🐰 Easter - Custom Ornament Business Kit 🌼 50% Off through March 31, 2024 ×

About Me

Canuck45

Hi all. I am glad to have found this site and have already learned a few things. I live in New Brunswick Canada and have just started to scroll (I have a whole 5 projects under my belt lol). Anyway I am a still serving member of the Canadian Armed Forces but I will retiring next year after 33 years of service. I needed a hobby to do and it was my father who has been doing scrolling and intarsia for quite a few years that got me hooked. I am looking forward to many years of scroll sawing and meeting my fellow scrollers.

Hello Brian and welcome to the Village from East TN.  We have several members here from Canada. I hope you will join us regularly and join in and share some of those works of art you have crafted.  We all started somewhere.  Myself, I just started about a year and a half ago when I decided to learn Intarsia work and found this forum.  The members here and at the SSWC forums have been so welcoming and so much help with their encouragement and praise for my newbie attempts.  I have already expanded from the Intarsia work into trying other types of projects thanks to everyone here.  Thank you for your service to your Country and the world.  I look forward to seeing your projects.  Are you also wanting to do Intarsia like your dad in addition to other scrolling?  Please show us some of his work as well.

I have seen that some people would like to see some of my father's work as he has done many. He just does this for his enjoyment. He is 88 yrs old and has no feeling in his hands. I hope that I can get as good as him over the years. I apologize for not having  direct pictures of the pieces.

Amish children.JPG

Blue Heron.JPG

Little Cowboy.JPG

On 10/26/2017 at 12:03 PM, Canuck45 said:

I have seen that some people would like to see some of my father's work as he has done many. He just does this for his enjoyment. He is 88 yrs old and has no feeling in his hands. I hope that I can get as good as him over the years. I apologize for not having  direct pictures of the pieces.

Amish children.JPG

Blue Heron.JPG

Little Cowboy.JPG

Welcome friend,A couple of things i see in your favor are your a chip off the ol block from your dad,Your strong interest in pursuing your interests in wood working specialty's and finding us for all the help and questions that need to be answered to save you time and tribulations in your quest to excel in the trades  .Come back often ,be a regular here ,all comments are needed and wanted to make our club grow,Welcome again friend!

Welcome to the village Canuck45 from beautiful Vermont!  (I lived in Montreal for 30 years before crossing).  We thank you for your loyal services and are very honored you have you here!

Don't hesitate to ask any questions, you'll see that we are all very eager to answer them.

Again welcome to the village!

On 26/10/2017 at 6:03 PM, Canuck45 said:

Amish children.JPG

Blue Heron.JPG

Little Cowboy.JPG

That work is amazing, I would like to see work like that incorporated into a table top or something similar....welcome and hi.

Paul.

Welcome. I started my scroll saw experience making intarsia pieces and did that for 7 years before I actually got interested in scrolling itself. I was shocked when I finally understood that scrolling was a lot more than cutting outlines for things. I have since enjoyed scrolling more than any other hobby I have ever done. I am so glad that you joined up with our world wide family. Your work is very nice and I hope to see you around often, commenting , sharing and posting. From Southern Arizona I send you a big Welcome

Dick

heppnerguy