🐰 Easter - Custom Ornament Business Kit 🌼 50% Off through March 31, 2024 ×

Ornaments For Charity Pattern Drive - 2017

Travis

PatternDrive.pngHalloween is over and Christmas is right around the corner. Scrollers are starting to think about gifts and patterns to cut for loved ones.  But since the Holiday season is also about helping others in need, we're continuing our tradition here at Scroll Saw Village as a way to give back.  This will be our 8th year of publishing an e-Book full of Christmas ornaments. This popular e-Book was featured in the Holiday 2014 issue of Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts magazine.  Our ornaments designs are exclusive to this eBook and designed by SSV members. Anyone are can download the ebook in exchange for a donation to their favorite charity. Our hope is that we'd be able to raise some money for very worthy causes, and provide some cool patterns at the same time.

But we need your help!

I'll need some volunteers to design some ornaments.

• Each designer will provide 5 patterns (no more, no less)
  • I ask that the designs are not made available anywhere else (this gives value to the e-book)
  • They have to be designed specifically by you (no posting other people's patterns)
  • Designs must be emailed (or PM) to Travis by Wednesday, November 22rd (info below)

A few things to keep in mind:

• Religious and secular designs are accepted.
  • Other religions/traditions also celebrate this time of year, so lets not forget them.
  • Keep detail and size appropriate for an ornament.
  • Don't submit copyrighted or licensed patterns.
  • The due date will sneak up on you quicker than you think.  Get them to me ASAP. 

What do you get in exchange?

• Credit for your design.
  • The warm fuzzy feeling that you're helping others in need.

Submitting your ornaments:

• Email the ornaments directly to Travis (travis [at] scrollsawvillage.com) or PM me.
  • Formats accepted are JPG, PNG. Please keep the pattern in black & White only (no gray) . That way I can convert them easier when putting together the ebook.
  • I'll also accept Inkscape files (SVG). This is ideal if you know how to use Inkscape. That way there is no conversion.

Since we started this, the goal was to get 10 designers each year.  We get soooooo close, but never quite there.  Can we do it this year?  Will this be the year we get 10 designers?  If so, that means we'll have 50 new ornaments to add to our eBook this year.  How awesome would that be? 

I'm designing.  Who else is in?

• Travis pinned this topic

We've got 3 so far.  We need 7 more designers.  The eBook will benefit those in need by donations received from folks who download the eBook and decide to keep it.  It's a great way to give a helping hand this Holiday season doing what you love.

Here's who committed so far:

1. Travis
  2. Montserrat
  3. meflick - Received 

Who else is in?

On 11/1/2017 at 12:56 PM, Travis said:

PatternDrive.pngHalloween is over and Christmas is right around the corner. Scrollers are starting to think about gifts and patterns to cut for loved ones.  But since the Holiday season is also about helping others in need, we're continuing our tradition here at Scroll Saw Village as a way to give back.  This will be our 8th year of publishing an e-Book full of Christmas ornaments. This popular e-Book was featured in the Holiday 2014 issue of Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts magazine.  Our ornaments designs are exclusive to this eBook and designed by SSV members. Anyone are can download the ebook in exchange for a donation to their favorite charity. Our hope is that we'd be able to raise some money for very worthy causes, and provide some cool patterns at the same time.

But we need your help!

I'll need some volunteers to design some ornaments.

• Each designer will provide 5 patterns (no more, no less)
  • I ask that the designs are not made available anywhere else (this gives value to the e-book)
  • They have to be designed specifically by you (no posting other people's patterns)
  • Designs must be emailed (or PM) to Travis by Wednesday, November 22rd (info below)

A few things to keep in mind:

• Religious and secular designs are accepted.
  • Other religions/traditions also celebrate this time of year, so lets not forget them.
  • Keep detail and size appropriate for an ornament.
  • Don't submit copyrighted or licensed patterns.
  • The due date will sneak up on you quicker than you think.  Get them to me ASAP. 

What do you get in exchange?

• Credit for your design.
  • The warm fuzzy feeling that you're helping others in need.

Submitting your ornaments:

• Email the ornaments directly to Travis (travis [at] scrollsawvillage.com) or PM me.
  • Formats accepted are JPG, PNG. Please keep the pattern in black & White only (no gray) . That way I can convert them easier when putting together the ebook.
  • I'll also accept Inkscape files (SVG). This is ideal if you know how to use Inkscape. That way there is no conversion.

Since the club change i have not found the pm part of it anymore????

Ok - 12 days left until the deadline - several of you guys and gals said "maybe" - I hope you will join us.  Seriously, they don't have to be great detailed designs.  Simple ornaments that can be cut and used by anyone would be the ideal.  It really takes very little of your time when you put your mind to it.  Download and look through the book as it exists now and see what has been done and that will help give you ideas as well.  I hope we can get at least 5 total which would give us 25 new designs but would love to see 10 total for 50 new designs.  You can do it - I know you can - if I can - you guys and gals can come up with some cute and simple designs I know it! :D

We only have 3 designers right now.  Surely we have more designers full of Christmas cheer.  ;)    Remember it's going for a good cause.  We usually hover around 6-8, but never less than 5.  I was really hoping this would be the year we break 10.

Who's else is in?

Awesome!  We got a couple more folks on board.  We hit our 5.  Whew.  Lets see if we can inch toward 10.  All you gotta say is you're in so I can take a head count.  Patterns aren't due unitl Nov 22.  So you got a little bit of time.

1. Travis
  2. Montserrat - Received 
  3. meflick - Received 
  4. worbler - Received 
  5. Fab4 - Received 

Who else is in? 

5 hours ago, Scrappile said:

Oh oh, Travis is in the change your avatar every week mode......Who is that young lad?

Ha!  I have my avatar hooked up to my Facebook account.  So when my FB picture changes, so does my avatar.  That's a pic of my Dad.  I changed it in honor of him on Veteran's day.  He served in the Army.

Hi All.  And then there were 7.  If you can help out and get us closer to 10, please do so.  I need the designs by next Wednesday (Nov 22).  Here's what we have:

1. Travis
  2. Montserrat - Received 
  3. meflick - Received 
  4. worbler - Received 
  5. Fab4 - Received 
  6. Debbie Shipman - Received 
  7. MrsN - Received 

Thanks to our designers.  If you can lend us your designing talents, this is an awesome way to give to those in need.

Who else is in?