🐰 Easter - Custom Ornament Business Kit 🌼 50% Off through March 31, 2024 ×

Noob from Scotland

Scots Paul

Hi  all, 

My name is Paul Sinclair, I live in a little seaside harbour town Called Dysart in Fife, Scotland (the harbour was used for an episode of Outlander about a year ago I remember watching the crew down there) I'm 53 years young and have recently taken an interest in scrollwork..Not a total noob to working with wood but noobish on this newfangled thingamybob...Done a wee bit of hand carving and made some stuff with an electric jigsaw...

Like to draw and make stuff, hoping to learn the things noobs by their nature dont know yet :shock: ERM!  heres some pics of stuff!

copper wire is great for messing with, looking to be doing stuff with that after i butcher some wood with the saw :oops:

Anyways, glad i found this place and If I can be of any use to anyone then let me know..  Oh! i have a pdf i made of the celtic artwork its original work but might need  vectored to be any use, likewise the rabbit stuff, but I will have to get that on PDF first... looking forward to having my first day on the saw tomorrow (only got it today)

Paul.

WP_20170325_12_43_22_Pro.jpg

IMG_0026.JPG

WP_20170403_20_01_07_Pro.jpg

WP_20170111_19_09_12_Pro.jpg

20160214_182721.jpg

IMG_0049.JPG

IMG_0048.JPG

11 hours ago, Scots Paul said:

Hi  all, 

My name is Paul Sinclair, I live in a little seaside harbour town Called Dysart in Fife, Scotland (the harbour was used for an episode of Outlander about a year ago I remember watching the crew down there) I'm 53 years young and have recently taken an interest in scrollwork..Not a total noob to working with wood but noobish on this newfangled thingamybob...Done a wee bit of hand carving and made some stuff with an electric jigsaw...

Like to draw and make stuff, hoping to learn the things noobs by their nature dont know yet :shock: ERM!  heres some pics of stuff!

copper wire is great for messing with, looking to be doing stuff with that after i butcher some wood with the saw :oops:

Anyways, glad i found this place and If I can be of any use to anyone then let me know..  Oh! i have a pdf i made of the celtic artwork its original work but might need  vectored to be any use, likewise the rabbit stuff, but I will have to get that on PDF first... looking forward to having my first day on the saw tomorrow (only got it today)

Paul.

WP_20170325_12_43_22_Pro.jpg

IMG_0026.JPG

WP_20170403_20_01_07_Pro.jpg

WP_20170111_19_09_12_Pro.jpg

20160214_182721.jpg

IMG_0049.JPG

IMG_0048.JPG

Welcome friend and thanks for posting pictures,Make your self at home ,your in like flint now!glad to have you!Be a regular with your work!

1 hour ago, amazingkevin said:

Welcome friend and thanks for posting pictures,Make your self at home ,your in like flint now!glad to have you!Be a regular with your work!

In like Flint! lol, that made me laugh Schultz.(loved hogans heroes as a kid Schultz was my favourite).. In my defence  I'm not one for proper protocols I think I may have always been a bit strange, Awkward and OCD about things...  But very open.

Thank you for the welcome appreciated! 

1 hour ago, Scrolling Steve said:

Welcome to the Village, Paul !.....Glad to have you aboard !......Enjoy the saw !

Thank you Scrolling Steve, Im already fighting with this saw  :cry: What it needs is a damn good talking to!  Or is that me?

Anyways I'm off to flog it some more, Its a bit harder than steering a pencil!  But! I shall prevail!

Hello Paul and welcome to the Village from East Tennessee in the USA. My family had the pleasure of visiting Scotland several years ago.  Enjoyed it immensely. So glad you found the village.   You mentioned looking to see pics of others work - you can check out the gallery and find people's work there.  Then, many share things in the "Bragging Rights" section regularly.  Also check out the general area and the new patterns sections for work and patterns shared.  Once patterns are shared there, they are regularly moved to the Pattern Library.  Both the Gallery and the Pattern Library can be found via tabs on the top of the forum (upon how you are accessing it - computer, phone, iPad, it may be slightly different.)

2 hours ago, bobscroll said:

Hello Paul and welcome to the village, Thank you for the intro! Also thanks for showing us your nice projects,

What type of scroll saw have you bought Paul? We have plenty of free patterns here in the pattern library for

you to use, See you later, Bob :thumbs: 

Hello Bob,

Its just a generic type scroll saw with variable speed, seen lots of them in different colours and brand names, Mine is branded KOBE

Its just to let me see if I can actually accomplish anything and if I can I'm planning on getting a dewalt, Dont really know whats good or not yet.

Already stripped off some of the metal coverings to make it easier to get to the bottom of the arm...lol

3 hours ago, meflick said:

Hello Paul and welcome to the Village from East Tennessee in the USA. My family had the pleasure of visiting Scotland several years ago.  Enjoyed it immensely. So glad you found the village.   You mentioned looking to see pics of others work - you can check out the gallery and find people's work there.  Then, many share things in the "Bragging Rights" section regularly.  Also check out the general area and the new patterns sections for work and patterns shared.  Once patterns are shared there, they are regularly moved to the Pattern Library.  Both the Gallery and the Pattern Library can be found via tabs on the top of the forum (upon how you are accessing it - computer, phone, iPad, it may be slightly different.)

Well thank you very much Meflick. good info, Downloaded one after reading this to try it but discovered i need to buy some smaller drill bits to do it :cry:

It was a tiger face on a round background by Wild bill it looked nice, but alas i cant try it yet, was thinking i should make it bigger so its easier for me to do.