🐰 Easter - Custom Ornament Business Kit 🌼 50% Off through March 31, 2024 ×

Giving Thanks - Scroll Saw Challenge

Travis

Last month's Scroll Saw Challenge was a lot of fun.  Some really cool projects came about.  It was so much fun, I'd thought we'd try it again.  :)

This one will take a bit of creativity.  The theme this month is:

Giving Thanks

This is completely open to interpretation.  It could be a traditional Thanksgiving project.  Or maybe a gift of appreciation for someone.  A sentiment you want to express.  Post your pictures here.  It can be a finished project or a pattern you designed.  Get the creative juices flowing and have fun!  I can't wait to see what you come up with.

• Travis pinned this topic
10 hours ago, Montserrat said:

In Germany we have Erntedankfest, which gives thanks for the harvest.  It is no special holiday and is usually commemorated in churches, which are decorated with grains, breads, pumpkins, apples. etc.  

Monti, that sounds like a great idea for an intarsia design. 

On 11/2/2017 at 6:42 PM, Scrappile said:

Well Dan. I'm sure it will not be the same date.... I think Canada had a Thanksgiving, last month.  In the "old world" country, it was probably last century!   :eye:  We are "new guys".   Kidding, I know what you mean and it would be interesting.

In Canada, Thanksgiving is always the second Monday in October. 

I have an idea for a word art of "give thanks with a grateful heart" 

I came up with this, but not sure about it yet. I think the spacing is off or something, I can't quite put my finger on it. 

I thought I would post it as an idea for someone. Maybe another designer can do a better job with it.

Give Thanks.png

Here's my crack at our Giving Thanks scroll saw challenge.  I made this word art project inspired by scripture.  From 1 Thessalonians 5:18, “In all things, give thanks...”  Even outside of the Thanksgiving holiday, I think it’s a lovely reminder to be grateful for the things we have.

GiveThanks1.jpg

Here's a quick video of the project coming together.  It was a fun way to spend the afternoon.  :)  The pattern is available here.

On 11/4/2017 at 10:44 AM, MrsN said:

Here is my submission. I got the idea from an image on Pinterest. 

I drew up my own vine and found words to use online. 

The backer is 8" square and made from reclaimed cedar fence panels stained Early American. The overlay is 1/8" Baltic birch ply. 

20171104_123934.jpg

A great first entered item. Original and interesting.. Your work is always enjoyable to see. 

Dick

heppnerguy

• Travis featured and unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2017 at 12:38 PM, Travis said:

Last month's Scroll Saw Challenge was a lot of fun.  Some really cool projects came about.  It was so much fun, I'd thought we'd try it again.  :)

This one will take a bit of creativity.  The theme this month is:

Giving Thanks

This is completely open to interpretation.  It could be a traditional Thanksgiving project.  Or maybe a gift of appreciation for someone.  A sentiment you want to express.  Post your pictures here.  It can be a finished project or a pattern you designed.  Get the creative juices flowing and have fun!  I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Nice interpretations

• 3 months later...
On 11/6/2017 at 3:03 PM, Travis said:

Here's my crack at our Giving Thanks scroll saw challenge.  I made this word art project inspired by scripture.  From 1 Thessalonians 5:18, “In all things, give thanks...”  Even outside of the Thanksgiving holiday, I think it’s a lovely reminder to be grateful for the things we have.

GiveThanks1.jpg

Here's a quick video of the project coming together.  It was a fun way to spend the afternoon.  :)  The pattern is available here.

Love it!!!!!!!