Big thanks to all who posted great information this year

nrscroller

Thanks Bill! I try to be helpful, I guess that's why I teach scroll saw at the local Woodcraft store. There certainly isn't much money in it but I enjoy teach new comers and some experienced sawyers learn some new tricks. It's fun to trade information with folks from around the world. 

This is a great place to hang and talk shop!

Yes, I've learn a great deal here.. I just wish I could give back as much as I've gained on here.. Maybe one day.. Hands down the best scroll saw site on the web.. Travis does an awesome job with it.. 

Thanks to everyone who post topics and replies.. whether informational or otherwise.. without some general chit chat the site might be a bit boring.. I check in everyday.. sometimes several times a day just during taking a break from sawing.. etc.. always try to answer questions if I can..

Merry Christmas to all.. and if you're selling.. wishing you many many sales.. so you have to work all year to restock :) 

I can only echo the above, but love the quote you added on the bottom.  I give away everything I make to family, friends, Stephan Ministry at Church (To be given to the people that come to them for Comfort) and to retirement centers.  The appreciation & hugs make it worthwhile.  Also heard the comment, "You have no idea how many lives you have touched".

jerry

On 12/1/2017 at 6:21 PM, nrscroller said:

Hi all,

Christmas is all about thankfulness, and I am a regular on here every day, even if it's just to see what is new.  Everyone who posts here is doing something thankful to help all us others out.

Maybe I don't use everything I find, but often have tried various things. I have been scrolling for over 30 years and there is always something new or new tip that pops up on the site.

Merry Christmas to all of you here on the forums from nrscroller (Bill ) 

I am a great fan of Zach Sobiech who is paralized from sports and have read the book his mom wrote and my favorite saying is from him "USE WHAT YOU HAVE TO MAKE ANOTHER PERSON HAPPY AND JOY WILL BE RETURNED TO YOU">

You just made my efforts worth while ,to use my skills to make others happy for 10 years!

I'm in agreement! This has to be the friendliest, most helpful scroll site on the web! I've been scrollin' 26 years this year. I've learned A LOT from this site & the other scrollers. I've made a lot of friends here, too. This is the one place I feel accepted, & feel like I fit in. Thank you all! I'm here every day, I may not say much, but I try to help the new ones comin' in, & even the experienced in the same way they help me. 

Merry Christmas to all, & God bless you & yours! Keep making sawdust!

On 12/1/2017 at 6:21 PM, nrscroller said:

Hi all,

Christmas is all about thankfulness, and I am a regular on here every day, even if it's just to see what is new.  Everyone who posts here is doing something thankful to help all us others out.

Maybe I don't use everything I find, but often have tried various things. I have been scrolling for over 30 years and there is always something new or new tip that pops up on the site.

Merry Christmas to all of you here on the forums from nrscroller (Bill ) 

I am a great fan of Zach Sobiech who is paralized from sports and have read the book his mom wrote and my favorite saying is from him "USE WHAT YOU HAVE TO MAKE ANOTHER PERSON HAPPY AND JOY WILL BE RETURNED TO YOU">

I hate to miss a day here because of the wealth of info that comes in daily

I'm a relative newbie to the scrollsaw hobby. I found this place and leave it open on my computer all day everyday. I have learned so much and I always seem to get my questions answered. So, I too, want to say THANK YOU to all of you and especially Travis for his hard work keeping this site going. 

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!

Ray

19 hours ago, octoolguy said:

I'm a relative newbie to the scrollsaw hobby. I found this place and leave it open on my computer all day everyday. I have learned so much and I always seem to get my questions answered. So, I too, want to say THANK YOU to all of you and especially Travis for his hard work keeping this site going. 

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!

Ray

Merry Christmas Ray from the UK :santa: Roly

I couldn't agree more - I love this site and would be lost without it and all the helpful folks here.  I have learned so much more then I ever thought I would when I picked up the saw to start doing in Intarsia work about a year and a half ago.  So much so, that I have "lost" my intarsia work to trying other new things with the saw! ;)  I keep seeing new things I want to try.  I still love Intarsia and just need to get back with some of it - but I think my skills in cutting and shaping for it will be enhanced due to my learning to do other things with my saw.