🐰 Easter - Custom Ornament Business Kit 🌼 50% Off through March 31, 2024 ×

Back from the Edge

Old Joe

Good morning! I haven't been around for a little over a year. I had been fairly new to to scrolling, but a long time stained glass guy that was going to try to start merging the two art forms when disaster struck. I had just pretty much completed building a small shop/studio and was scrolling daily when our septic system began failing rapidly. Long story, but our paid for home of 39 years was on a small lot and even with new technology the county would not give us a permit to put in a new system, leaving us up the proverbial creek without a paddle.So, as having little choice, we moved last year right before Christmas and bought a small house in the city limits of Frederick, MD. Good news: city water and sewage. Nice sized lot. Bad news: there was no garage. Real good news: I have just finished a new 12 x 24 detached shed/studio and got all of my final inspections for the building and electric last week. I have almost finished the interior, having completed walls, ceiling, lighting, French cleats throughout, and have built a couple of new benches. I picked up a used Grizzly dust collector recently and will be working on getting it connected up to my miter saw, sanders, etc. The last things I will setup are the glass area and scrollsaw station, as everything else will come to a halt as soon as I thread the first blade into the Dewalt. I still want to build a small loft and overhead wood storage, but that should be completed by the end of this week.When I am finished I will post a couple of pics of my rustic, treehouse carpentry.

Sorry that you had to go through all that.  I'm totally jealous of your shop though.  We live in a neighborhood that would throw us out if we even thought of building a shop.  We have a 3 car garage... but it's not enough room when a car is parked in there.  They only call it a 3 car....but  it would only fit 3 little smart cars.

On 12/4/2017 at 7:10 AM, Old Joe said:

Good morning! I haven't been around for a little over a year. I had been fairly new to to scrolling, but a long time stained glass guy that was going to try to start merging the two art forms when disaster struck. I had just pretty much completed building a small shop/studio and was scrolling daily when our septic system began failing rapidly. Long story, but our paid for home of 39 years was on a small lot and even with new technology the county would not give us a permit to put in a new system, leaving us up the proverbial creek without a paddle.So, as having little choice, we moved last year right before Christmas and bought a small house in the city limits of Frederick, MD. Good news: city water and sewage. Nice sized lot. Bad news: there was no garage. Real good news: I have just finished a new 12 x 24 detached shed/studio and got all of my final inspections for the building and electric last week. I have almost finished the interior, having completed walls, ceiling, lighting, French cleats throughout, and have built a couple of new benches. I picked up a used Grizzly dust collector recently and will be working on getting it connected up to my miter saw, sanders, etc. The last things I will setup are the glass area and scrollsaw station, as everything else will come to a halt as soon as I thread the first blade into the Dewalt. I still want to build a small loft and overhead wood storage, but that should be completed by the end of this week.When I am finished I will post a couple of pics of my rustic, treehouse carpentry.

Faith my friend ,God closes one door and opens another.I've had plenty of doors close on me but everytime it ended up a blessing.In fact from wal mart parking lot to a 25 ' long ware house was the best ever shop 12' wide and doors at both ends thank you Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...