We notice you are using AdBlock.  Please consider turning it off for Scroll Saw Village.  We rely on minimal ads to keep the lights on.  Thank you for your support.

Travis

Handmade Gift - Scroll Saw Challenge

HandmadeGiftChallenge.png

Christmas is right around the corner, and I KNOW you guys love making handmade gifts for your friends and family.  So this month's challenge should be an easy one.  Post a picture of a scroll saw gift you made for someone, tell us who it's for, and why you chose this for them.  I can't wait to see what you come up with.

:santa:

This came just in time as I just finished making gifts for my family. I decided to make rather than buy my gifts this year so here they are:

for my grandson Yoda, another grandson soccer pic, my daughter alphabet, dil Noel, son eagle, my wife O Holy Night. Thanks to all the designers Steve Good, TD, Scroll Saw Magazine. I modified several to add my personal taste to the designs. 

Natalie alphabet.jpg

Angela Noel.jpg

Nick soccer.jpg

Zach Yoda.jpg

Craig eagle.jpg

Barb O Holy Night.jpg

I made Ribbon Racks for my 3 grandsons who are big into hockey.  Each a little different.  Carter is both goalie and a forward, Cooper is only goalie, Caleb is only defense so the racks match.

For the girls I made a shelf as they are not into anyone sport.

IMG_7015.JPG

IMG_7017.JPG

Edited by don in brooklin on

I made the bowl for our friend Betty because she saw the one my wife has and loved it. I made the Army Veteran for our cousin David. David is retired Army. I made the Air Force Veteran for our cousin Mario. Mario is retired Air Force. Not scrollsaw related but I made the big basket for my wife.

IMG_20161218_182346785.jpg

IMG_20161201_165826945.jpg

FB_IMG_1480626706581.jpg

IMG_20170412_144921350_HDR.jpg