A good source of some fine wood

qlty

A big item at HD and other bldg supply stores is pre finished flooring and the solid wood type comes in many fine woods the sheets run around 4 Ft by 6 or 8 inches wide.My Hd was even giving free sample pieces out to take home to match a rooms decor.Can't beat the price on those.Did I mention I'm a bit frugal?John aka qlty :sneak:

Great idea! Many of those planks are pretty wide, too. They usually have a composite core, but I don't think it would make much of a difference. In fact, I wonder if you can dye the composite core with some black stain. It should wipe right off the face of the hardwood surface without discoloring it. Might be a good way to hide the core.

i hqve actually been using flooring for a while.its a lot harder to cut thru than wood if your using spiral blades and takes a little longer due to the fact its harder to cut.but other than that its a great source of wood and doesnt take alot of finish because most of it is already finished.