🐰 Easter - Custom Ornament Business Kit 🌼 50% Off through March 31, 2024 ×

New Feature: Clubs & Organizations

Travis

Hi All.  I added a new feature to SSV.  I've created a listing of scroll saw clubs.  It is located under the Resouces tab in the menu bar.  You can also access by clicking here.

We used to have an article with the clubs listed in a table, which worked OK.  But it was hard to update.  Now we have everything in a nice database.  It automatically sorts the clubs by state, but you can sort it by city, club name, etc.  If you want more information on a club, just click on the club name for more information.  You can add comments about the club there.

It's super easy to add a new club.  Just click the "Add New Club" button in the upper right corner of the main page and fill in the information.  If an existing club needs updated info, just click the club name and click the "Update Club Information" button in the club info page.

This new database feature was a challenge to implement.  I've been messing with it on and off for the last few months.  I'm not a programmer, so there's a lot of trial and error and talking to people smarter than me.  But I think I got a pretty good handle on it now.  I'll be adding other directories soon as well.  But for now, enjoy the club list.

Please do me a favor.  If you belong to a club, check to see if the information we have is correct.  If not, please update it.  If your club isn't listed, please add it. 

Thanks All!  Just one more step to making SSV even better. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/15/2017 at 4:03 PM, don in brooklin on said:

Great idea but what about the foreigners that lurk here?

Done!

Clubs outside the US now have their own section.  Let me know if I'm missing anything for club information.

If anybody knows of any clubs or organizations that's not listed, please add them.  I'm hoping we can create a nice list of clubs around the world.  :)