🐰 Easter - Custom Ornament Business Kit 🌼 50% Off through March 31, 2024 ×

gcruz

HI,

My name is George and I live in the Island of Guam(U.S. territory).

I am a Navy retiree of 21 yrs. and now contractor.  I still recall till this day, my first Craftsman  16 in.scroll saw when I was 19 yrs old just a rookie .I did some name plates, Christmas ornaments , and several animals. It's very rewarding when you see the final product is complete.I had stopped for a long period of time(28 Yrs.) and now I'm back again trying to read up and see what the latest technology on scroll saw. I look forward in gaining and sharing information to the group. I'm leaning towards a Dewalt 788 scroll saw and getting some flying Dutchman blades too. Thank you. Happy New Year

Glad you are joining us.  I started with a 16" Craftsman many many years ago.  Don't know the model, but what a pain it was.  Had to get down on my knees with two tool to clamp a blade in the lower clamp!  Bit I did some scrolling with it.  A lot of people start with the DeWalt.  I would not be surprised if more did than didn't.   I just say get the best your budget will allow.

On 1/2/2018 at 5:36 AM, gcruz said:

HI,

My name is George and I live in the Island of Guam(U.S. territory).

I am a Navy retiree of 21 yrs. and now contractor.  I still recall till this day, my first Craftsman  16 in.scroll saw when I was 19 yrs old just a rookie .I did some name plates, Christmas ornaments , and several animals. It's very rewarding when you see the final product is complete.I had stopped for a long period of time(28 Yrs.) and now I'm back again trying to read up and see what the latest technology on scroll saw. I look forward in gaining and sharing information to the group. I'm leaning towards a Dewalt 788 scroll saw and getting some flying Dutchman blades too. Thank you. Happy New Year

Welcome friend,glad you found us.You won't ever be sorry either.Any question you may have,An idea your contemplating on doing or machine repair we can set you straight and for the least down time possible.We've made all the mistakes and can save you from doing so to.Be a regular if you can as there's so much valuable info coming in everyday ,You won't want to miss out.Welcome again friend!!!!!!!!!!!!P.S. i have 9 dw788's ...that's what i think of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!