🐰 Easter - Custom Ornament Business Kit 🌼 50% Off through March 31, 2024 ×

New Feature - Pattern Shops

Travis

Howdy All.  I'm happy to introduce a new section on SSV for Pattern Shops!  This is a directory of places to find pattern vendors on the web; both paid & free.  We all have our favorite pattern shops bookmarked, now we can share those with other scrollers.

Each shop has their own page with useful information, such as Website, Designer's Name, Free or Paid Patterns, Pattern Types, and Additional Information.  It also has an area for comments/reviews.  So if you have bought a pattern with a particular shop, share your experiences with the rest of us.

Right now, the Pattern Shops list is located under the Resources tab (It will probably move in the future when I re-organize the Nav Bar). 

Check out our growing list.  If you don't see your favorite pattern shop listed, add it by clicking the green button that says "Add A New Pattern Shop."  (Be sure to double-check to make sure it's not there already.  We don't want double entries.)  If there's misinformation on that pattern shop's listing, you can easily change it by clicking the "Update Shop Information" button on that shop's page.

If you have your own pattern shop, be sure to add yourself (or update your information if you're already listed).  It's also worth noting that there is a nice area called Additional Info where you can add extra information that potential customers may find useful.  (Hint:  Add a promo code for an SSV discount so you can track much traffic SSV has sent your way.)  You can also include pictures, logos, etc. 

Anyway, I hope y'all find this useful.  Enjoy!

• Travis pinned this topic
2 hours ago, Travis said:

Howdy All.  I'm happy to introduce a new section on SSV for Pattern Shops!  This is a directory of places to find pattern vendors on the web; both paid & free.  We all have our favorite pattern shops bookmarked, now we can share those with other scrollers.

Each shop has their own page with useful information, such as Website, Designer's Name, Free or Paid Patterns, Pattern Types, and Additional Information.  It also has an area for comments/reviews.  So if you have bought a pattern with a particular shop, share your experiences with the rest of us.

Right now, the Pattern Shops list is located under the Resources tab (It will probably move in the future when I re-organize the Nav Bar). 

Check out our growing list.  If you don't see your favorite pattern shop listed, add it by clicking the green button that says "Add A New Pattern Shop."  (Be sure to double-check to make sure it's not there already.  We don't want double entries.)  If there's misinformation on that pattern shop's listing, you can easily change it by clicking the "Update Shop Information" button on that shop's page.

If you have your own pattern shop, be sure to add yourself (or update your information if you're already listed).  It's also worth noting that there is a nice area called Additional Info where you can add extra information that potential customers may find useful.  (Hint:  Add a promo code for an SSV discount so you can track much traffic SSV has sent your way.)  You can also include pictures, logos, etc. 

Anyway, I hope y'all find this useful.  Enjoy!

Lets see your wares!!!!!!!!!!!

Travis, I am a little confused when completing the forum for pattern shops.  On choice is "Mostly Paid some Free"  below is the choice "Most Paid"  What the difference between the two.  What is "Mostly Paid"  or what.....Should that be all paid, or is that for like at Alex Fox's site he usually has a special where there is a selected pattern that you will get free if you buy two others?

Mostly Paid - Almost all of the patterns on the site are paid.  There might be one or two freebies so you can see the quality of their patterns.  But it's clearly a paid pattern site.

Mostly Paid, Some Free -  This is where many of the patterns are paid, but they have a good collection of free ones too.  Maybe 2/3 of them paid, maybe, 1/3 are free.

I wouldn't include any promos as freebies.  If a user can't go onto a site and just download a free pattern, it really isn't a free pattern.  A promo of buy 2 get 1 free is still a paid pattern.  Besides, those promos change all of the time.

Most of it is a judgement call.  If you think a pattern shop is mis-classified, please change it.  I'm relying on customers who have experience with the shop to keep the information current.  Thanks for the help!  :thumbs:

Heh...I can't leave well enough alone.  I also added a reviews function.  Now you can leave a review for a pattern shop.  So if you bought a pattern or used patterns from one of these sites, please add a review.  Other users will find that super helpful.  Comments and discussions can be added to the Comments tab.

On 1/17/2018 at 12:40 PM, Scrappile said:

Travis, I am a little confused when completing the forum for pattern shops.  On choice is "Mostly Paid some Free"  below is the choice "Most Paid"  What the difference between the two.  What is "Mostly Paid"  or what.....Should that be all paid, or is that for like at Alex Fox's site he usually has a special where there is a selected pattern that you will get free if you buy two others?

Quite a coincidence Scrappie, I just watched a video on youtube yesterday and he offered a freebie of a "widget". I asked him to email it to me and he did last night. A fun little project.

Ray

• Travis unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...