I Finally Found Something

Scrappile

I have set up dust collection on my scroll saws and used that Loc-Line nozzles to suck the saw dust on the top of the saw.  I have tried several things along the way to put something on the end of the nozzle to catch pieces of cut offs as they are sucked up.  Nylon panty hose is to fine, and gets clogged with saw dust real fast, sticking wires through the nozzles is hard and doesn't work well either.  Today I came up with something I think is going to work just fine. I am replacing the sink and faucet in my little down stairs bathroom.  Took the old faucet out and was going to throw it in the trash, then I saw the thingy that the water comes through.  It has a screen and some kind of aerator gizmo.  I took it apart and inside was this little goody, that fit right into my dust collector nozzle.  Even has little clips around that expand our so it will not get sucked into the collector.   This is a great find..... for me.  It's the black piece in the nozzle.

dust control nozzle.jpg

Edited by Scrappile

That looks like it'll do the trick quite well.. you should have replaced that a few months ago and saved yourself a lot of testing and headaches, LOL

Kind of off topic maybe?

I have a lot of pine trees and the darn needles get into my landscaped areas.. I rigged up my shop vac with a piece of screen to keep my vac from sucking up the needles and the mulch.. the needles are a PIA to pick out by hand.. the shop vac with the screen picks them right up and then I brush the screen in my bucket to dump.. also the mulch is once in a while sucked up to the screen if I get a little too close to it.. and that screen also saves it from going into the vac..

Ha, I planted several "pine" trees years ago thinking no more leaves to rake.... well except my neighbors that blow in..   I think, raking up leaves was a lot easier than raking pine needles!!!  But the pine needles don't spread all over like leaves do, so at least there is a smaller are to rake.

4 hours ago, Scrappile said:

I have set up dust collection on my scroll saws and used that Loc-Line nozzles to suck the saw dust on the top of the saw.  I have tried several things along the way to put something on the end of the nozzle to catch pieces of cut offs as they are sucked up.  Nylon panty hose is to fine, and gets clogged with saw dust real fast, sticking wires through the nozzles is hard and doesn't work well either.  Today I came up with something I think is going to work just fine. I am replacing the sink and faucet in my little down stairs bathroom.  Took the old faucet out and was going to throw it in the trash, then I saw the thingy that the water comes through.  It has a screen and some kind of aerator gizmo.  I took it apart and inside was this little goody, that fit right into my dust collector nozzle.  Even has little clips around that expand our so it will not get sucked into the collector.   This is a great find..... for me.  It's the black piece in the nozzle.

dust control nozzle.jpg

That's a great idea and a very lucky find. What size diameter is your Loc-line? I'm using 3/4". I'm going to try 1/2" on the Hegner.

Ray

On 1/19/2018 at 10:03 PM, Scrappile said:

dust control nozzle.jpg

Your very creative,You see something and a bell goes off !!!!!!!!!!!