Sweetheart Scroll Saw Challenge

Travis

15 hours ago, Jronn65 said:

I thought it was supposed to be your idea not someone else’s pattern

Here's whatTravis said in the original first post in this thread: 

"Just a friendly public service announcement; don't forget your sweetheart on Valentine's Day!  :heart:

It's coming up quick!  So, in order to light a fire under you, I challenge you to get in the shop and make a scroll saw project for your sweetheart.  Post a picture of a Valentine's Day project for that special someone in your life.  Sappy sentimentalism is encouraged" (I tried to "quote" it here but for some reason, it wouldn't bring the quote back to "page 2".)

So, no where do I see any "rules" other then to go to your shop and make a scroll saw project for your sweetheart, post a picture of it, and "sappy" was encouraged. ;) No where did I see it had to be "your idea and not someone else's patterns.  If that were the case, I think many of us would be out of luck as we rely on great patterns crafted by others. So no, I don't see any "cheating" on your part. ;):) Nice job you did.  Several on here used patterns created by others. All looked great.

Edited by meflick

Yup.  These challenges usually only follow a theme and is open to your own interpretation.  ;)  So you can use your own designs, or someone else's.  Whether its from a book, magazine, SSV, or another website.  All is welcome.  If two people make the same thing, no problem.  We're doing this all for fun.  No real rules, other than get into the shop and make something. 

Great job, BTW.  :thumbs:

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎15 at 7:41 PM, don in brooklin on said:

I forgot that I had my wife's card until it came up on Facebook memories today.  I am going to make a version of this for next year as we are both chocoholics.

IMG_6306 (392 x 600).jpg

Interesting card Don.  I await seeing what you do with a scroll saw pattern inspired by it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Travis unpinned this topic