Arrrghhh!!

Rob

32 minutes ago, Rob said:

Two hours of cutting.  Got up to change the blade, knocked the piece off the saw onto the floor and now I have four pieces!! Oh *!%$^"*

Rob

Only 4 pieces ,lol, I can beat that!!!!!!!!!!!!I dropped an aromatic cedar project and it exploded into so many pieces there was no distinguishing what it was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Schmit happens!

I think it would be safe that many of us have been there and done that. Not a happy place I know first hand. The worst one I had was 16 hours cutting, taking off the pattern it slipped out my hand ( like a fool I was walking around to stretch my legs ) and it hit a concrete floor.  I still haven't forgot that and now remove patterns on my work bench. 

Yeah,, sure have been there.. my most recent one was posted here.. and I didn't even break it.. I mis-spelled it in the pattern design work.. then proceeded to cut it out and apply a finish on it.. I didn't even catch this mistake until I was packaging it up and getting ready to deliver it to the customer....

Also have been known to glue the backer on the front side of the project a few times, LOL

why Mr. Kevin! Kudos to you! I'm happy to hear you are kinda like the rest of us! For awhile there, I was beginnin' to think ya was on a pedestal.

Yes, fact is is, we have all been there. I was cuttiin' a Wolfs' head project, good sized one, & it had several wolves runnin', trees, things like that inside the head. Alot of fret work that I'd already completed. I got up from the saw to take my dogs out & caught it on my britches! Pulled it off the saw deck & it the floor! Even a carpeted floor didn't save it! I don't drink, but I sure thought it about it! The vocabulary I spit out weren't repeatable, but needless to say, it screwed up my whole day!!

5 hours ago, SCROLLSAW703 said:

why Mr. Kevin! Kudos to you! I'm happy to hear you are kinda like the rest of us! For awhile there, I was beginnin' to think ya was on a pedestal.

I wasn't born this perfect :lol: has taken me years to get to the point I am now.. at the rate I'm going.. I won't live long enough to even see any kind of pedestal..:lol: :razz::) But I will say.. I'm pretty persistent because in my mind.. failing isn't an option.. 

16 hours ago, WayneMahler said:

I think it would be safe that many of us have been there and done that. Not a happy place I know first hand. The worst one I had was 16 hours cutting, taking off the pattern it slipped out my hand ( like a fool I was walking around to stretch my legs ) and it hit a concrete floor.  I still haven't forgot that and now remove patterns on my work bench. 

Wow, 16 hours work down the drain Wayne.  I bet that took a while to get over! :sad:

Rob

8 hours ago, kmmcrafts said:

Yeah,, sure have been there.. my most recent one was posted here.. and I didn't even break it.. I mis-spelled it in the pattern design work.. then proceeded to cut it out and apply a finish on it.. I didn't even catch this mistake until I was packaging it up and getting ready to deliver it to the customer....

Also have been known to glue the backer on the front side of the project a few times, LOL

Gluing the backer on the front is a classic.  I have yet to do that but there is still time. :razz:

Rob

Mr. Kevin, most of us with any perseverance in us, failure is NOT an option. You keep learnin', adaptin', readin', & keep puttin' one foot in front of the other. 

My sincere apologies if I offended you in any way. I figgered a little jab wouldn't hurt ya any. I make mistakes, too, I just ain't in the habit of talkin' about'em, unless it's somethin' I've done over & over, & still ain't able to get it right. Then I have to take a step back & read, come here & ask questions. 

I'm a lot like you. A perfectionist in every way. Except my shop. I could use a maid. But I have tall expectations of my equipment, therefore, I spend the extra time on bearings, cleanin' up rough edges, waxin' tables, etc.