🐰 Easter - Custom Ornament Business Kit 🌼 50% Off through March 31, 2024 ×

Pine and Paduk Scalloped Bowl

DWSUDEKUM

Nice work, DW,

It amazes me how the design appears from the glued up stock.

Have you done this long enough that you document how each one will look when you do your glue up

or is there a program that shows a mock up?

Great work!

Thanks for sharing and God Bless! Spirithorse

Spirithorse I have made enough of these type to have a fair idea what it will look like.  I have trained myself to see what the end result of the blank should look like when glued up.  I still get surprised now and then however.  As for documentation I have not really thought about doing that, the closest I have gotten to doing that is something like what I just did.  I showed the blank, then the pattern and the pattern placement and then the bowl made from it.

DW

What a fabulous piece. I am not sure how a pattern is formed from what appears to be a piece of flat stock, but I am going to go back and take a closer look at your post and see what I can figure out. I have not tried any scroll bowls yet. but you and Fay are making me think more and more about trying one.

Dick

heppnerguy

That looks GREAT!! :luv:  Can I ask what angle you set your saw at to cut this bowl?  The bowl I made was at 45 deg. But this looks like it might have a steeper angle.

Great work on a very beautiful bowl. :thumbs:  :thumbs: :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  

I cut this bowl at 28.6 degrees left side down.  There is a formula you can use ( if you like math ) or you can use the tool found on the Scrollmania website.  The tool is easier for most to use.

DW

I cut this bowl at 28.6 degrees left side down.  There is a formula you can use ( if you like math ) or you can use the tool found on the Scrollmania website.  The tool is easier for most to use.

DW

That is a lot easier than trigging it out. Thanks, I book marked that page in my scroll saw folder so I can find it when I need it.

So I take it your material was 11\16" thick?