🐰 Easter - Custom Ornament Business Kit 🌼 50% Off through March 31, 2024 ×

Weekend thingamebobs

Phantom Scroller

Hi All

Warmed up the lathe after buying some mag pick up pens in a market for £1 each thought I'd make some handles in wood and corian and a couple of dragonflies and butterflies in oak painted to stick up out side, nothing to write home about just fun things to do. Roly

post-2228-0-88294800-1406451018_thumb.jpg

post-2228-0-31149100-1406451024_thumb.jpg

post-2228-0-84535100-1406451028_thumb.jpg

post-2228-0-33047200-1406451031_thumb.jpg

Hi All

Warmed up the lathe after buying some mag pick up pens in a market for £1 each thought I'd make some handles in wood and corian and a couple of dragonflies and butterflies in oak painted to stick up out side, nothing to write home about just fun things to do. Roly

Hi Roly, after seeing all these wonderful things you and everyone else is making, I think I'm going to have to rescind doctors orders .Re no sharp things. I'm  getting fed up blundering around the house looking for things to do. I can see the shop beckoning me. So we'll see what transpires, mind you it could be me that EXpires. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I've got a few of those pick up thingies, all different sizes in the garage and they are very versatile. I keep quite a big one in the shop for picking up dropped screws etc. Saves me bending down, I'm sure you know what I mean :razz:  :razz: . The butterflies and dragonflies are very nice too. Have a good day.

Rob Roy 

PS my thingamebobs don't have fancy handles,(yet).

Edited by Rob Roy

Hi All

Hi Roly, your pick up pens reminded me of Scott, my son's predicament with one of those. Like you he picked it up at a market for pennies. This one had a clip the same as a pen, so into the top pocket it went. Two or three days later he went to the cash machine, and much to his chagrin the card didn't work. Yes you guessed. His debit card had been in his top pocket and the friggin  magnet wiped it clean. DOOOOOH. Wife did the same with a magnetic catch on her hand bag!!!. That's why I stopped using a hand bag. :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops: . Have a good day at work Roly.  :roll:  :roll:  

Rob Roy.

Hi Roly, your pick up pens reminded me of Scott, my son's predicament with one of those. Like you he picked it up at a market for pennies. This one had a clip the same as a pen, so into the top pocket it went. Two or three days later he went to the cash machine, and much to his chagrin the card didn't work. Yes you guessed. His debit card had been in his top pocket and the friggin  magnet wiped it clean. DOOOOOH. Wife did the same with a magnetic catch on her hand bag!!!. That's why I stopped using a hand bag. :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops: . Have a good day at work Roly.  :roll:  :roll:  

Rob Roy.

I thought you had a small sporran Rob something like this. :lol: .

post-2228-0-74169100-1406573455_thumb.jpg