I tried the scroll bowls

heppnerguy

Dick good bowls the only hard bit on the bowls is lining them up when gluing I think I've made a few now still a pain so what I'm doing now is putting a smear of hot melt glue on two points to hold while the wood glue sets which allows me to carry on with the next ring without it moving. Works for me.  Roly

Dick good bowls the only hard bit on the bowls is lining them up when gluing I think I've made a few now still a pain so what I'm doing now is putting a smear of hot melt glue on two points to hold while the wood glue sets which allows me to carry on with the next ring without it moving. Works for me.  Roly

Roly,

I know what you mean. I think they came out pretty straight in reality. The photos are a little deceiving. I use crazy glue or sometimes called super glue. I found some that come out of their container in a gel form, which I like a lot more the the watery type because it is way more  controllable and the cost is only a little over $2. It is way easier than anything I have ever used to glue two pieces together, including hot glue or hot melt glue, as you call it. Have you ever seen or tried the gel super glue ?

Dick

heppnerguy 

Roly,

I know what you mean. I think they came out pretty straight in reality. The photos are a little deceiving. I use crazy glue or sometimes called super glue. I found some that come out of their container in a gel form, which I like a lot more the the watery type because it is way more  controllable and the cost is only a little over $2. It is way easier than anything I have ever used to glue two pieces together, including hot glue or hot melt glue, as you call it. Have you ever seen or tried the gel super glue ?

Dick

heppnerguy 

Yes Dick I keep that for my pens on the lathe. I have some gel super glue but the setting time is to slow I should buy an accelerator. thanks anyway always good to know other work. Roly 

Yes Dick I keep that for my pens on the lathe. I have some gel super glue but the setting time is to slow I should buy an accelerator. thanks anyway always good to know other work. Roly 

we have about 3 different super glue gels all with different drying times. I also have some accelerators but didn't find a need for it with the bowls.

Dick

heppnerguy