🐰 Easter - Custom Ornament Business Kit 🌼 50% Off through March 31, 2024 ×

Greetings from Florida

MickM

I'm MickM from Gainesville and soon to be moving to Homosassa Springs, Fl. I've been a woodworker for quite a few years but medical problems have forced me to give up the shop. I can't lift plywood anymore! Not too good at standing up either, I've been trying woodcarving and have found a great carving club in Gainesville. Carving let's me sit while I work and still be a tool slut (buying more tools then I really need.)

I had tried a garage sale $40 Ryobi scrollsaw that I never could get to run right (finally tossed it in dumpster) I've been thinking about a scrollsaw for long time and today I bought a used Hawk 220 Ultra with about 300 spare blades and now I've joined the forum. I thnk it's more saw then I need but it's so well designed and built I had to have it!

Welcome to SSV Mick. Wood carving, scroll sawing, the wood will be about the same size & weight.

You may have more scroll saws than you need but you will never have a scroll saw that is more than you need.

There are patterns here for any type scrolling you might want to do.

Try a few and let us know what you think.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mick,

Glad you found something that you can do without too much strain on the body. You have selected a great saw and now as you sit down and cut things you will quickly find out just how rewarding scrolling is. My house is filled with things I cut and i can't even remember how many gifts I have made over the years.  Be sure and show us some of the things that you are making. We love it when someone posts their work. Any Questions about anything to do with scrolling, fire away. There is a lot of talented people here and they are all so willing to share their knowledge with anyone that needs some help with scrolling.

Dick

heppnerguy

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Mick

I am just getting started in using the scroll saw, and just joined this group. Looks like we are close....I live in Alachua. Sorry to hear that you will be moving. If that Hawk looks like it will be too large to move, let me know! :lol: I am currently using a borrowed scroll saw and want to buy one of my own.

Ray