Dovetail box the easy way

I've just been perusing the faithful YouTube and come across this vid on box making, thought you might like to see it two methods in one. Roly

I'll stick to the old fashioned way Roly. After 40 odd years, you become quite proficient at them. :lol: . But each to his own method, it's interesting to see how others do the same thing in different ways. More than one way to skin a cat as they say (apologies to the cat lovers). :oops:  :oops: . Still enjoying your time off Roly??.

Rob Roy.

I'll stick to the old fashioned way Roly. After 40 odd years, you become quite proficient at them. :lol: . But each to his own method, it's interesting to see how others do the same thing in different ways. More than one way to skin a cat as they say (apologies to the cat lovers). :oops:  :oops: . Still enjoying your time off Roly??.

Rob Roy.

Rob the days are flying by just the weekend left, I need to get stuck into some ornaments for next Saturdays Show.

I've acquired a metal stand to hang a few on so it's work work work. but I'll start tomorrow. Roly

Rob the days are flying by just the weekend left, I need to get stuck into some ornaments for next Saturdays Show.

I've acquired a metal stand to hang a few on so it's work work work. but I'll start tomorrow. Roly

Wait till you get to my age Roly, :lol:  :lol: , the days go even faster. You take it easy and don't be overdoing things and I hope you manage to sell all those lovely ornaments :cool:  :cool:

Rob Roy.

That is quite a video. I will watch it again with the sound but was impressive in that it show making a box, inlays and dovetails. Wife is watching TV and she really gets testy if I put sound on the computer at the same time. So sound will be later. Thanks

put the head phones on Dan :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Rob Roy.

That is quite a video. I will watch it again with the sound but was impressive in that it show making a box, inlays and dovetails. Wife is watching TV and she really gets testy if I put sound on the computer at the same time. So sound will be later. Thanks

Yep me too Dan, so I bought some wireless headphones now I can listen anywhere without the nagging. lol

Thanks, Roly,

I enjoyed the video but, I am lost as to why two sides are cut at 20 degrees and the other two sides cut at 5 degrees.

I didn't really grasp why the table is angled and you still have to use a jig (which I missed the angle for the jigs) either.

As for the template he was using, I suppose it wouldn't matter where you draw your dove-tails as long as you made

sure the pins and tails were lined up.

I guess all I can say is his box impressed me but, I'll never be able to duplicate it! LOL

God Bless! Spirithorse

• 2 weeks later...