Question on sharing pictures of projects

I have a question on rules of posting past projects done.What happens if a project is done and not knowing if the pattern from years ago was a copyright pattern. How is one to know or only show patterns done on this site that have been designed by self.Neep answer before start posting projects. Thanks. Damian

You can post a picture of any finished project.  You don't need to know where the pattern came from or if it's copyrighted.  However, you cannot post the pattern unless you specifically designed the pattern yourself from copyright free source material.

Does this answer your question?

Thanks for checking!  :thumbs:

So to put the info right so I understand the rules,the pictures of any past projects done scrolling without knowing if it's copywrited are not a problem it's only when you post a pattern of the item scrolled that infringement or dupplicating laws come in. Is this the way you all read the laws.thanks as I really don't want to cause problems. Damian

So to put the info right so I understand the rules,the pictures of any past projects done scrolling without knowing if it's copywrited are not a problem it's only when you post a pattern of the item scrolled that infringement or dupplicating laws come in. Is this the way you all read the laws.thanks as I really don't want to cause problems. Damian

Correct.  It doesn't matter which picture you share of completed or works-in-progress projects.  It only matters when distributing/sharing patterns.  Patterns that you share must be of your own creation made from copyright free materials.