New guy from Maine

Dennis Drews

Just got my first scroll saw, a Craftsman. Wonderful wife said if I like it, I can upgrade...I think I'll be upgrading! Many years of woodworking under my belt, as well as a recent interest in carving...retirement is GREAT!

You got that right ,i'm busyer than ever now????Glad you joined we love our members and will treat you like gold!The next best upgrade from the Craftsman is a Dewalt DW 788.You will love it ,lots of creature features.Teach us some tricks you've learned and we'll do the same !Thanks for joining

Fret work and carving go together well ,the combination can be beautiful ,saw's are tools of choice ,and only as good as the operator .Beautiful country, stationed there ,out of Portland ,wife's a maineiac ,Welcome to the best forum on ss around !

Edited by Multifasited

Welcome to the ASYLUM Dennis. I'm Roy from Scotland. Yes sir, retirement is great, I've been retired for four years now and I've only just finished page ONE of the "BOSS'S" TO DO LIST :roll:  :roll: . After forty odd years in the wood butchering trade I suppose it's only natural. Anyway Dennis  you couldn't have found a better place than the VILLAGE. Anything you want to know is here, no need to wear out your fingers looking for a better place just ask and an answer will be forthcoming in jig time. And you'll be giving us some tips too. The more the merrier. Plenty of pictures too, we love pictures here.  So come on in and ENJOY yourself and have a bit of FUN too. We can be serious sometimes. :lol:  :lol: .

Rob Roy. 

Edited by Rob Roy

Dennis, Glad you could join us and for a welcome I've made a 'bisque' and it looks soooo good.

Do you have a lobster you could put in it? I have a pie crust ready, got any frozen blueberries?

Oh, and as a fact, I DO HAVE A MAINE COON CAT.  post-5492-0-21389100-1421676686_thumb.jpg

As for upgrading, why not just get a Delta 40-694 as a primary and keep the Craftsman as a spare.

Stop in the Coffee House and I'll treat.

Just got my first scroll saw, a Craftsman. Wonderful wife said if I like it, I can upgrade...I think I'll be upgrading! Many years of woodworking under my belt, as well as a recent interest in carving...retirement is GREAT!

Dennis a big WELCOME from me and don't rub it in about retirement I've got three years to go can't wait. Enjoy yourself and have fun. Roly

Dennis, Glad you could join us and for a welcome I've made a 'bisque' and it looks soooo good.

Do you have a lobster you could put in it? I have a pie crust ready, got any frozen blueberries?

Oh, and as a fact, I DO HAVE A MAINE COON CAT.  attachicon.gifbootsie boo.jpg

As for upgrading, why not just get a Delta 40-694 as a primary and keep the Craftsman as a spare.

Stop in the Coffee House and I'll treat.

Right now it's fresh caught scallops! We're right on Cobscook Bay. Blueberries in the freezer too.