Saying Hi!

Wilson142

Hi, all.

I just found your site and would like to introduce myself. I'm a native Minnesotan retired and living in Tucson, Az. I'm 64 and am starting back into scrolling after nearly 15 years. I also work in stained glass and am trying to learn to carve. I retired at 57 and moved to Panama City, Panama for awhile before buying a home in Mazatlan, Mexico and living there for 5 years or so before returning to the States. Really glad I found you guys. I'm somewhat challenged trying to find wood for scrolling and glass actually for that matter here in the Southwest. I guess in Minneapolis more people are involved with indoor type hobbies due to the long winters. Here people tend to roam around the desert and get involved in biking and hiking rather than spend they're time indoors. Oh, well. Like they say here, "you don't have to shovel sunshine." bye for now, wilson142

Wilson, there are a hundred things that make this a great place. If you have a question, it will be answered at least twice.

Maybe even correctly. The best group of helpful people you could ever find. Hope you stick around and join in on our

conversations. There's a pseudo breakfast most mornings with a little conversation. Problem is, we are world wide,

so breakfast could last 24 hours.

Anyway, Welcome. hope your stay is enjoyable, long and your search for wood is fruitful.

Larry

Hi Mike and welcome, Glad you found us .Were here to help you all you want!!!!   I retired at 63 and found the greatest enjoyment scrolling!Pop in the coffee house and even make us breakfast should you chose.Make no mistake about it this is the best thing you find for creature comfort ,scrolling.Don't be a stranger now We'd like to drain your brain for your scrolling knowledge and glass.See you soon,Welcome again!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: I'm in florida

Wilson I am glad you found this big happy world wide family here. We are all fun and friendly people here and love to share our talents with each other. Take some time and explore the entire sight, grab a few patterns and the show us your stuff. That is what we do here. We also have fun kidding one another so settle in and get to know us. You will soon realize that you are part of our family before you know what hit you. It is easy to come here but difficult to go away

Dick

heppnerguy

Welcome to the Village from OHIO.I just retired a year ago at the age of 75. worked 10 years part time. I ended up working 18 hours every other week. I have been scrolling for the past 35\45 years and still learning and this is a good place to learn. any dquestions ask there is no dumb dquestions. one thing we do like is pictures

of your work and saw.