🐰 Easter - Custom Ornament Business Kit 🌼 50% Off through March 31, 2024 ×

Hello from Alabama

alabubba

You say you are not a scroller yet.  Does that mean you have a saw but haven't really tried to do anything much with it yet? If that is the case, let us know. We can give you a lot of helpful information to make your new journey much easier for you. If you do not have a saw and you are thinking about buying one, we can help you with that too. All we need is a little more info from you. If you just are interested in seeing what people do with a scroll saw, we have a huge amount of things to see. If you are interested in meeting the best people on the planet, you have found their family, but to get to know them better you will need to log on often and post comments so we can get to know you.

Dick

heppnerguy

Bubba ,I checked your profile ,my your modest ,I guess I'll have to go to the coffee shop ,and tell them ,what a famous man you really are !

Got me on that! I have now added a bit of info to my profile but not enough to make me famous LOL! I probably need to work on my profile more later, especially noting that this forum has members worldwide. Nice!

I have not got a scrollsaw yet but am seriously thinking of getting an Excalibur 21. Generally, when I think I'll like something as much as I think I will like scrolling, it just makes sense to me to get good gear up front so I can avoid the expense of upgrading later.

I am also interested in making my own patterns. I have Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator CS6 and am reasonably proficient at using both applications.

But most of all I want to say thanks to all for the warm welcome, and that I'll look forward to being a small part of this community!

Bob

Bob I like that you can make patterns can't have enough of pattern makers I also use Photoshop and Illustrator also Xara Extreme all combined with Inkscape and you guessed it's an Engineering background. Enjoy yourself  EX-21 is an excellent choice if you have the cash if not get something cheaper to start with you might not like it. What am I saying once you start your hooked. :D  Roly