🐰 Easter - Custom Ornament Business Kit 🌼 50% Off through March 31, 2024 ×

Link on iPad

dgman

I use my iPad all the time here. Usually you can just click on the URL to go there. If not you should be able to copy it and paste it in the box at the top. Try this one to see one of my projects.

Larry

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10204840252339678&set=vb.1040047452&type=3

smiley-says-youre-welcome-emoticon.gif

Edited by Lorenzo

How about if you hold your finger on the link (instead of just tapping)? A menu should pop up with Open, Open in New Tab, Add to Reading List, and Copy. Does that happen? If that shows up try selecting Open or Open in New Tab.

There is a setting in the Safari Settings called Open New Tabs In Background. If that's on it might be doing that, but you might not be seeing it. (How many tabs do you have open? My sister once had 40 or 50 and couldn't understand why things were so slow...I nearly killed her :)

There's always the Double-Home Button Click and flick away the app way of restarting Safari, or holding the Power On/Off button on the top until the Power Off slider shows up and shutting the iPad down, and then pressing the Home button, or the Power On/Off button (I forget which) and starting it back up, and then trying.

• 3 weeks later...

Let me rephrase my question, when typing a url on a PC, it automatically turns it into a link that readers can click on. Not on my iPad. Example: www.mikesworkshop.com. If I typed that on a PC, it would be a clickable link, but not on iPad. How do I turn it into a link?