Sending a message (PM) on SSV

LarryEA

To clear this up ... I want to PM someone who is not in this post...

looking for the easiest way to do it.

Question about the quickest way to find and send a message to a member on SSV.

Hypothetical: You are in General Scroll Sawing and want to send "Frank" (sorry Frank)

a message. What is the easiest way to send "Travis"  or "Frank" or any member a message?

How do you access the message platform for the member?

A simple question, but is there a simple answer?

Edited by LarryEA

If you hover over their name a small card comes up and a Send Message comes up at the bottom, just click on it.  Is that clear or clear as mud?  There's your simple answer, I hope.

Marg

I guess I was clear as my morning coffee.

You assume their name is handy... everybody or anybody I want to PM is magically here...

I cannot hover over Roly, Rob Roy or Keefie right now unless you know a trick.

Scratch Roly, he showed up...

Come-on Marg and Kevin,  I want you to go to Coffee Shop and start a new topic, before you submit it,

hover over my avitar and send me a message.

Now tell stupid me how you would do it.

Edited by LarryEA

If you click on AVATAR go to top right send a message simples. Is there another way that's two. yipppeeee.

Oh and if they are not in this post go to search the little wheel on the side advance search put name in and it will show posts, then click on post, then there avatar. hey if there's another quicker way let me know.

Edited by Phantom Scroller

Larry, click on "more" at the top. Then click on "members." You can scroll thru the list to find who you're looking for or you can click on "more search options" to narrow it down. After you click on the correct name which opens their profile click on " send me a message."

You will have reached your. goal-smiley-emoticon-2.gif

Oh and if they are not in this post go to search the little wheel on the side advance search put name in and it will show posts, then click on post, then there avatar. hey if there's another quicker way let me know.

That's better..whew. Words mean so much. Thanks for the gear wheel advanced search tip.

For a while, I thought this might get out of hand with Kevin sending me PM's

and noone understanding me :cry:

hey if there's another quicker way let me know.

Larry, click on "more" at the top. Then click on "members." You can scroll thru the list to find who you're looking for or you can click on "more search options" to narrow it down. After you click on the correct name which opens their profile click on " send me a message."

Thank you...I am looking for those little doors that I don't know about. 

I am hoping for somethiing less cumbersome. Probably the easiest so far is Roly's

You will have reached your. goal-smiley-emoticon-2.gif

Yep that one works it let a maze they all come to the same area thanks Larry for input. Roly

The easiest way is just to click the mail icon at the top of the screen, then choose Compose New.

compose.PNG

In the "Recipient's Name" field, start typing in the name.  It will automatically start populating member names.  You just have to type the first few letters before a list starts showing up.  Then select the member.

popup.PNG

The easiest way is just to click the mail icon at the top of the screen, then choose Compose New.

post-1-0-95319500-1428863514_thumb.png

In the "Recipient's Name" field, start typing in the name.  It will automatically start populating member names.  You just have to type the first few letters before a list starts showing up.  Then select the member.

post-1-0-87189900-1428863515_thumb.png

Thanks Travis, I didn't know that way.

Marg

Thanks to everyone who added their favorite ways. My problem at this point, is I don't know everybody's name yet but I will in time. One thing for sure though, you are a great group..

Ray

Ray, I mean octoolguy, you ain't going to remember everybody's name. I made a rule for myself...

"I have a right to call you by your member name especially if you don't sign your posts."