picture frames

ike

Another day out of the shop, but all wasn't a loss i went to a Church rummage sale and got 7 wooden 8X10  framed picture frames all new never used for a total cost of $1.75  I go to all the church rummage sales and usually get frames for $0.25 to $0.50 each . i do not pay over $0.50  per frame.  

I go to yard sales, flea markets, etc. all the time.  I have a huge stack of picture frames and I get them anywhere from free to 50 cents.  I even take the ones with out glass (they are usually free) as I don't like to use glass over a wood portrait.  A lot of sales with have a free box filled with junk.........................first place I head.  A always find something I can use in my crafts.  The sales are starting to get going now that the weather has warmed up a bit.  I especially love the community wide sales.

We are going to a flea market tomorrow and I will have to be on the look out for frames now. I have been trying to find baby food jars to make a hardware organizer out of but I'm coming to the conclusion that people aren't feeding their babies anymore. At least where I live. I have checked Craigslist too. On Ebay, they are going for about a dollar each. I can't believe it. Folks used to throw the darned things away. Are they feeding the babies kibble now?

R

I have been BEAT OUT!

My title of CSY is in very serious jeopardy!

Good find on the frames-- and I will still fight you for the CHEAP SKATE of the year AWARD!

I get most of my project wood from dumpster salvage company! I do sometimes also get FREE DIRT!

Never know what the fencing company ends up with in their dumpster; I have even found smaller chunks of nice oak.

I am also not to proud to raid the curbside free wood stock piles!

Happy frame-up Jobs!

Picture frames are the first thing I look for at garage sales and free to 75 cents each is my max. Frames at a nice touch to scroll work. The only problem I find with the frames is that it ads a lot to postage when sending out items. I never add costs for postage to the pieces I mail because I do not like seeing added postage and handling after I find what ses like a good deal until it becomes a paying too much for something when you add this additional cost. I can't remember how many things I have decided not to buy after I had finished my on line shopping.

Dick

Heppnerguy

I have a lot of frames that I have collected over the years (just found a nice one this week at a thrift store).  Although lately it seems as though a lot of the frames are plastic rather than wood.  I also have an excavating company that has a lot close by and I can run over with my wheelbarrow for a load of dirt if I need to fill some holes in the yard or a planter box.  Also found a company that makes wood flooring and managed to get enough cutoffs of oak to make 100 small boxes (the wood cost me $5).