🐰 Easter - Custom Ornament Business Kit 🌼 50% Off through March 31, 2024 ×

Help!!!!

tough35

I have a Exc21 its about four months old I am using the same blades and wood I have always used and it suddenly started to cut different its not cutting the back of the wood as smooth and at times it seems like the blade almost gets stuck while cutting and you have to force the blade through and I have had to speed the saw up from where I usually run it any help would be appreciated

Are you sure your blades are sharp, and that your not using a different type blade? It's strange that you aren't getting a smooth cut on the back like you state you used to, that's why I mentioned the blade. I think it's a blade problem, rather than a problem with the saw. What type, and brand of blade are you using? Are you sure that you have the proper tension on the blade? How tightly are you screwing the saw blade clamps, to the blade? Are you changing the blade often enough, and finally, what type and thickness of wood are you cutting? I would suggest that you try using another type of blade to see how it works, and make sure that you have the blade holder screws tightened up tight enough so that the blade can't slip. When the problem starts, how long have you been using that particular blade? If the blade is dull, you'll have the same type of problems. Don't go changing or tearing apart your saw, cause as I stated, I think it a blade problem, not a saw problem.. I hope this helps solve you problem, there's nothing much worse than not being able to do what you enjoy doing.

Len

well I have tightened every screw and checked every bolt just to find out it is probably actually in the last bunch of wood I ordered I have always ordered from the same place without a problem but after looking close at the last bunch theres a slight bow running through the middle

Tough, it would be a lot easier to try to answer your questions in a helpful manor, if you were to give more facts. Like in your last posting, you stated that you think that it is now with the different lumber your using. That's great if that's all it is, but, you never happened to mention what type of wood you were using in any of your postings. And, I don't see where you let us know what type, or, brand of blade you were using. I do know the question was asked a couple of times, but never answered. Now, don't take this the wrong way, I'm not complaining, I'm just trying to point out, that you should list as much info as possible when an issue comes up. So that we can give you, the proper information back.

Len

Are you covering your wood with tape before applying the pattern? This helps cutting by lubricating the blade. Try a little wax or even soap from a dry soap bar.

Check to see if you are using the proper reverse type blade for the thickness of the wood. Are you cutting plywood or hardwood?