🐰 Easter - Custom Ornament Business Kit 🌼 50% Off through March 31, 2024 ×

Single Scroller Dad

redgam

Hi SSV!

My name is Redgam and I live in Alabama with my 16 month old daugher and our 4 year old golden retriever. I started scrolling about 2 years ago, really, I just stumbled upon it as I looked to fix our bed. I went over to my neighbors, Christine and Pete, to lend their scroll saw. It was a SS16V if I remember correctly. 

So, what am I doing here? Well, I guess I just want to find people that have the same interest as me as it is fairly uncommon to find someone with a similar passion.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Redgam E.

Welcome !You did yourself a big favor finding us.All your questions and needs will be readily answered here .Pull up a chair ,pour some coffee and make lots of helpful friends.Were all addicted to scrolling so your right at home now.Stop in often and please be a regular if possiable,the  more the merrier!.All comments are very welcome .Your family now ! Welcome again friend!

Well,buddy there is just about every type and style of scrolling imaginable here some place ,from the basic to the exotic !

What ever interest and style you like or want to try is here with major players in the art ,Jump in when ever you can and show some of you work ,Go easy thou I don't want to be shown up badly in the beginning !Welcome Carl !

What a team! You your daughter and a perfect companion for her.

What is your daughters name? She's family here too!

Welcome to SSV and glad you joined us.

What have you cut on the SS16V?

You are so correct on scroilling being a passion.

As is well known here, it's an addiction without a cure.

Though I usually would not say this,  but in your case I have to:  I already know you are a great guy and Dad.

But

"You're not the prettiest mask in the Village." :D

PS:

There's an Alabama pattern. boB can show you where it is
(Bob, I just found out Alabama is nicknamed the Yellowhammer State, after the state bird)
Edited by LarryEA

Hello and welcome to the Village. If you have any questions just ask, there are lots of friendly helpful people here

Thank you Clayton717! :)

Welcome !You did yourself a big favor finding us.All your questions and needs will be readily answered here .Pull up a chair ,pour some coffee and make lots of helpful friends.Were all addicted to scrolling so your right at home now.Stop in often and please be a regular if possiable,the  more the merrier!.All comments are very welcome .Your family now ! Welcome again friend!

Thanks you as well amazingkevin. I am sure I will learn a lot and find people to connect with here, so far I've been REALLY pleased with all the useful information I've found. :)

Well,buddy there is just about every type and style of scrolling imaginable here some place ,from the basic to the exotic !

What ever interest and style you like or want to try is here with major players in the art ,Jump in when ever you can and show some of you work ,Go easy thou I don't want to be shown up badly in the beginning !Welcome Carl !

Great to hear that there are different styles over here. I like to experiment with new stuff, so I am up to try A LOT of the different styles shared here. I've not experimented as much as I wish yet but I am working towards it. 

Thank you. 

What a team! You your daughter and a perfect companion for her.

What is your daughters name? She's family here too!

Welcome to SSV and glad you joined us.

What have you cut on the SS16V?

You are so correct on scroilling being a passion.

As is well known here, it's an addiction without a cure.

Though I usually would not say this,  but in your case I have to:  I already know you are a great guy and Dad.

But

"You're not the prettiest mask in the Village." :D

PS:

There's an Alabama pattern. boB can show you where it is
(Bob, I just found out Alabama is nicknamed the Yellowhammer State, after the state bird)

Wow, what a reply!

My daughers name is Lucy!

Actually, I only used the SS16V for that specific time, I haven't since. I bought myself a Dewalt DW788, and that is what I am currently using.

I would totally recommend it for both beginners but also novice scrollers in this community. I will take some pictures later this week on my finished projects, I am currently out of town.

I don't really understand "You're not the prettiest mask in the Village" but thank you for that Alabama pattern you showed me, might come in useful later on!

Thank you all for the warm welcome, I promise to contribute to the community later as well. :)

OK! REDGAM ,The parties getting rough already .Nobody told me what ZEN ment !Novice ,Well that's better than some things I have been called ! Stupid ME !,All this time I thought my (Tricked out Dewalt 788 style 1) was still top of the line ! since I removed the peddles LOL! and added the motor. Off an ringer washer I think ,I'm so old I can't remember too good anymore !LOL

Seriously ,I have not found anything I can not do with the 788 ,love the large tilt table ,you can see different tweeks ,I have done to it to make it DUST FREE in my gallery, there is even a poor quality video on U-TUBE cutting sheet rock .with the vac system ,The next day I swapped the vac to a 2 Hp Reversed blower ,works similar to my delta central system in the shop.

Iv'e tested it for some time now and is much quieter and still handle the saw and my shaping cabinet in my computer room in the house w/ the vac and blower out side on the porch ! Having a wife and COPD It had to be DUST FREE! I have not found

the saw lacking in any area ,But I do not cut 2x4s every day or do commercial toy runs,or cut really thick hard wood everyday .

Although I have really used for many things It was not intended for numerous times ,I just take my time !

I am just pulling your leg about the novice thing .Enjoyed your post,So I think I will go and attempt to cut some thing if I can find the start button ! LOL !Later Buddy !P.S. Tell Lucy HI for me !

A big WELCOME from me. Your in the right place more info than you can shake a stick at, have fun. Roly 

Hello Redgam e. and welcome to the village, Thank you for the intro,

Bob  ;)  :thumbs:

Welcome Redgam. Isn't it neat to see replies from all over the world? Can't wait to see some of your projects.

the-world-in-your-hands-smiley-emoticon-

OK! REDGAM ,The parties getting rough already .Nobody told me what ZEN ment !Novice ,Well that's better than some things I have been called ! Stupid ME !,All this time I thought my (Tricked out Dewalt 788 style 1) was still top of the line ! since I removed the peddles LOL! and added the motor. Off an ringer washer I think ,I'm so old I can't remember too good anymore !LOL

Seriously ,I have not found anything I can not do with the 788 ,love the large tilt table ,you can see different tweeks ,I have done to it to make it DUST FREE in my gallery, there is even a poor quality video on U-TUBE cutting sheet rock .with the vac system ,The next day I swapped the vac to a 2 Hp Reversed blower ,works similar to my delta central system in the shop.

Iv'e tested it for some time now and is much quieter and still handle the saw and my shaping cabinet in my computer room in the house w/ the vac and blower out side on the porch ! Having a wife and COPD It had to be DUST FREE! I have not found

the saw lacking in any area ,But I do not cut 2x4s every day or do commercial toy runs,or cut really thick hard wood everyday .

Although I have really used for many things It was not intended for numerous times ,I just take my time !

I am just pulling your leg about the novice thing .Enjoyed your post,So I think I will go and attempt to cut some thing if I can find the start button ! LOL !Later Buddy !P.S. Tell Lucy HI for me !

Redgam, you have an Alabama pattern to cut (if you want) Bobscroll just created a second (maybe third)

Alabama pattern. Bob's good at that.

Say hello to Lucy for us and pet your puppy too.

Thanks everyone. I cannot wait to share my projects with you all, I want constructive criticism as all my real life friends don't know anything about this type of stuff. :) 

Best,

Redgam

I too want to get in on the welcoming of you to our huge family of friendly and giving people. We love it when new people drop in and find out that we are here with welcoming arms. Everyone here love to share their talents, time and ideas with one another. So be sure and feel free to explore everything, post the things you have made and comment on the things you see here. Taking your time to do these things will help all of us to get acquainted with you and you with us. It does not take long to know you are among friends here.

Dick Heppnerguy

Hi Redgam, welcome to the Village.  I'm Marg also from Australia and I have a DeWalt and an EX21 but then again I have been scrolling for about 16 years.  So pull up a chair and make yourself at home and ask as many questions at you want we don't care.

Marg

Hi SSV!

My name is Redgam and I live in Alabama with my 16 month old daugher and our 4 year old golden retriever. I started scrolling about 2 years ago, really, I just stumbled upon it as I looked to fix our bed. I went over to my neighbors, Christine and Pete, to lend their scroll saw. It was a SS16V if I remember correctly. 

So, what am I doing here? Well, I guess I just want to find people that have the same interest as me as it is fairly uncommon to find someone with a similar passion.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Redgam E.

Hello Redgam, a big FAILTE,(Scottish) welcome from Me. I'm Roy from, well, I think you can guess!!!. Thank you for your interesting intro. Come on in to the mad house and enjoy yourself. You're now part of the international family, including Lucy, oh and the dog. You will want for nothing in the village,(except perhaps money) :lol:  :lol: , no matter what it may be. You'll even have breakfast if you wish, but one other thing is, you'll have many,many friends from around the globe. If you need a pattern, we have many superb pattern makers right here in the village who produce patterns on just about any subject, so where else would you want to be??. Jump in and have a coffee and most of all ENJOY yourself.

Rob Roy.

Welcome to the village. there is a lot of inreresting people here. and a lot of skill. I have been scrolling for about 30 years I have a DW 788 now it's my 5th saw and it's thte best I have ever owned,. If you have any questions there is some one who will answer them we seldom get stuck on a problem. IKE from Ohio.