New Scroller

payneintheashww

Hello, I wanted to take some time to formally introduce myself. My name is Brandon, I am 30 years old and live in Alabama. I have been woodworking since I was 9. I recently was gave a scroll saw ( vintage 16 in. craftsman) and have become addicted to the hobby. I feel my style is going to be a little different than more traditional patterns. I have mainly done fretwork plaques or portraits but also feel I want to get into puzzles and eventually intarsia as my skill improves, and also my scroll saw ☺. I mainly do all my cutting in 1/8 in baltic birch plywood, I have contacts here in town that i get scraps free. I started learning with a #5 FD-UR and that is what I use most of the time. I know I have so much to learn and always open to suggestions. Thank you so much for having me, if you want to check it out I uploaded a pic of the fourth thing I made on my scroll saw in Bragging Rights.

We are sawdust anonymous (Scroll Saw Village) and the group pledge is to leave no sawdust maker behind!

Actually a really great bunch with lots of answers---- some of the answers are even correct.

Welcome and enjoy the shared insanity.

Tool snobs think the tools make the project; they are wrong! The operator makes the project!

On wood it is much faster to sand off a little extra than to try to fill and then sand back! Misses into the waste area are easier to repair.

Make your nest your nest. chair-lights- fans- headphones (Earmuffs) the way that works for you!

Many wonderful things have been made with in-expensive tools.

WE loike to see everones work. Be prepared though we BORROW good ideas.