🐰 Easter - Custom Ornament Business Kit 🌼 50% Off through March 31, 2024 ×

Hi y'all from Central Texas

JimErn

Santa decided I needed another hobby, so a scroll saw (well a picture of it -she had trouble lifting the box) was under the tree.  I'm third generation retired military, stubborn as hell, and so far am enjoying this new endeavor.  After looking at the pics some other newbies attached, I need to practice a lot more.

Jim

Santa decided I needed another hobby, so a scroll saw (well a picture of it -she had trouble lifting the box) was under the tree.  I'm third generation retired military, stubborn as hell, and so far am enjoying this new endeavor.  After looking at the pics some other newbies attached, I need to practice a lot more.

Jim

Show us lots of pictures of your shop,scroll saw and saw dust piles you make for lots of nice comments coming your way.I hope that tree was big to house  your saw!Welcome friend

Welcome to The Village.  Start with easy patterns and you will be less discouraged. Take you time and remember that if yo use really thin wood it is more difficult to cut. I would suggest starting with 1/2 inch thick wood and you will find it easier to manage. Not sure what you have for blades and wood but every option has it's effect on our work. So, if you are not sure about anything.  ask....but most of all, log on often and participate in the comments. Go to the 'coffee shop' if you like to socialize.

A lot of fun is found there. 

Dick

heppnerguy

• 2 weeks later...