Hello from Upstate SC

WoodButcher47

Hello. 

New to SSV.  Just purchased a Dewalt 788.  Changed up from a Dremel.  Boy what a difference.  I am still in the 40 hr work week world, so scroll sawing is just a past time.  However, it is nice to come home and relax by making some sawdust on the scroll saw.  Anyone else out there from around Greenville, SC? 

Welcome to SSV

Where's SC?      Just joking.

I've been to Greenville many years ago.........

Pickens, formerly called Pickens Courthouse,

is a city in Pickens County, South Carolina, United States.

The population was 3,126 at the 2010 census.          

This is just for our good friends unfamiliar with where you are.........I like to do this. 

What type scrolling do you like to do?

welcome to The Village. It is loaded with friendly people who love new comers and always hope they will become regulars here. I have found this place to be the first place i check out when I get on the computer and I feel like I have made a lot of good friends. The funny part is I have only been able to meet personally with 4  of them. So take your time and look around everywhere. Ask any question you may have as there are many really good and knowledgeable people here who are happy to answer any thing you might come up with. Be sure and log on often because there is so many things going on here that would be a shame if you missed any of it. Be sure and reply to others posts and post your work too, that way everyone gets to know each other.

Dick

heppnergy 

Hello. 

New to SSV.  Just purchased a Dewalt 788.  Changed up from a Dremel.  Boy what a difference.  I am still in the 40 hr work week world, so scroll sawing is just a past time.  However, it is nice to come home and relax by making some sawdust on the scroll saw.  Anyone else out there from around Greenville, SC? 

My first saw was a deremil to and i think it vibrated and had no motor if i remember right.Pinned blades and a 14 inch throat.Welcome ,keep coming back friend.

• 8 months later...

Welcome to the Village!

I see you are from Pickens, SC. I live in Pickens County, GA! Hence the name of my craft business.

Question: Is Pickens, SC named after Governor Pickens or General Pickens.

General Pickens of Revolutionary War fame or Gov Pickens of the first state to secede from the Union.

I like to think Pickens County, GA  is named after the General.

bb

www.pickenspuzzles.com