Hello from south central Minnesota

falco4101

Hello all,

I'm new to the scroll saw and wood working scene. I have a Delta 40-570 that was handed down from my Grandpa since he is no longer physically able to do scroll work. I don't have the time or patience to do the detailed work that he produced, but I hope to at least use the saw for making toys for my almost 4 year old and some nephews. I've also stocked up on some used tools for wood working: 10" Craftsman 113 table saw, Duracraft 16" floor standing drill press, some hand planes, chisels and a hand held power tools.

Regards,

Dylan

Dylan, you do the toys and more with the tools you have.

Stick around and visit the Village.

Make the toys and find one fretwork (a little detailed) that you think your wife would love,

Do a little at a time. and one day you will be suprised, 

Dylan, Welcome and with your tools you can do it all.

Make those toys... and also find one pattern with a little detail that you can make for your wife.

Something for a suprise.

Just do a little at a time and one day you will be smiling at how close you are to finishing.

Glad you are here. :D

Hello all,

I'm new to the scroll saw and wood working scene. I have a Delta 40-570 that was handed down from my Grandpa since he is no longer physically able to do scroll work. I don't have the time or patience to do the detailed work that he produced, but I hope to at least use the saw for making toys for my almost 4 year old and some nephews. I've also stocked up on some used tools for wood working: 10" Craftsman 113 table saw, Duracraft 16" floor standing drill press, some hand planes, chisels and a hand held power tools.

Regards,

Dylan

Welcome friend,you will fit right in here.Keep coming back to see what you would have missed.we have toy makers here so jump on in ,have  a ball and make lots of interesting friends from around the globe!

Once you start scrolling a little more you probably will get hooked on it andwonder why you held yourself back. It is a very relaxing thing to do and it gives one a chance to produce something quickly that everyone seems to enjoy, and best of all ,it does not take a lot of money, as so many other woodworking hobbies do. So have fun with that scroll saw and start to amaze yourself with how well you can do on it

Dick

heppnerguy