🐰 Easter - Custom Ornament Business Kit 🌼 50% Off through March 31, 2024 ×

Howdy from the Big City of Pleasant Shade TN

ronniedev

I would like to say Howdy to all the members of the Scroll Saw Village. I did a post yesterday, but posted it in the wrong place (old dogs have a hard time with all this new fangled stuff)☺. I'm pretty good at making sawdust, but not so good with these forum's.

I first started scrolling back in the early '50's with an old BVI Scroll Saw. It had an open frame motor with a chain drive. I think I still have a picture of it. Over the years I've had several brands of scroll saws. My primary saw now is a Hawk G4 and my secondary is an Excalibur EX-21. My interests are general scroll sawing. I also enjoy refurbishing old RBI scroll saws when I have time, but mainly just like sitting at the scroll saw making saw dust. I'm really glad I ran across this site. The only time I get to talk to any one about scroll sawing is when I visit Sloan's Wood Shop in Lebanon, TN. I've not ran across any strollers in my neck of the woods. Thanks so much for letting me join your group. An old dog can still learn new tricks and I still love to learn. From what I've read so far on this site you guys are pretty sharp saw dust makers.

If anyone is looking for a good Scroll Saw I have a RBI 226VS that I've completely rebuilt. I installed new thrust bearings, sleeves, and shoulder bolts on both upper and lower arms. It also has the latest new variable speed DC motor and control from Bushton. This is the same motor and control that Bushton uses in the new Hawk Scroll Saws.

Thanks for letting me be part of the Scroll Saw Village.

I would like to say Howdy to all the members of the Scroll Saw Village. I did a post yesterday, but posted it in the wrong place (old dogs have a hard time with all this new fangled stuff)☺. I'm pretty good at making sawdust, but not so good with these forum's.

I first started scrolling back in the early '50's with an old BVI Scroll Saw. It had an open frame motor with a chain drive. I think I still have a picture of it. Over the years I've had several brands of scroll saws. My primary saw now is a Hawk G4 and my secondary is an Excalibur EX-21. My interests are general scroll sawing. I also enjoy refurbishing old RBI scroll saws when I have time, but mainly just like sitting at the scroll saw making saw dust. I'm really glad I ran across this site. The only time I get to talk to any one about scroll sawing is when I visit Sloan's Wood Shop in Lebanon, TN. I've not ran across any strollers in my neck of the woods. Thanks so much for letting me join your group. An old dog can still learn new tricks and I still love to learn. From what I've read so far on this site you guys are pretty sharp saw dust makers.

If anyone is looking for a good Scroll Saw I have a RBI 226VS that I've completely rebuilt. I installed new thrust bearings, sleeves, and shoulder bolts on both upper and lower arms. It also has the latest new variable speed DC motor and control from Bushton. This is the same motor and control that Bushton uses in the new Hawk Scroll Saws.

Thanks for letting me be part of the Scroll Saw Village.

attachicon.gifMy first scroll saw when I was about 7 years old.jpg

Thank you kindly for joining our fabulous club.Your right at home now for friends ,shop talk and happy times.Don't miss a day.Lots of back time reading in every post ,just click on the page # on the bottom of each page to go back in time all the way to 2009  to see what's been said.Welcome friend! Enjoy your new home! :thumbs::cool::thumbs: