Seashell Keepsake Box

Denny Knappen

This box was designed by Diana Thompson and found in CWWC June 2011.  It is made from Red Oak.  Diana used Pink Dogwood, but I did not have any on hand.  I used FD Polar #3 and #5 blades.  It measures 1 1/4" x 5' x 5 1/2".  There is one coat of 50% BLO and two coats of spray Shellac.  omments welcome.

post-29198-0-90109800-1464109665_thumb.jpg

post-29198-0-96902900-1464109679_thumb.jpg

This box was designed by Diana Thompson and found in CWWC June 2011.  It is made from Red Oak.  Diana used Pink Dogwood, but I did not have any on hand.  I used FD Polar #3 and #5 blades.  It measures 1 1/4" x 5' x 5 1/2".  There is one coat of 50% BLO and two coats of spray Shellac.  omments welcome.

I looked at this yesterday and got side tracked into looking for pink dogwood,Not thinking that a picture of it is in the magazine of the box you made .I was wondering if the box lid slides of or has a form fit ceter under the lid to keep it in place?Nice work!

I am not sure how to quote someone on the forum, so here goes.

Dave Monk.  The wall thickness is 3/4" Red Oak.  Including the top and bottom, 1 1/4".

Kevin.  This is a standard Diana Thompson box.  A lid liner is cut on the inside and glued to the lid.  The perimeter glueup is then cut.  The inside of the lid liner fits the box wall nicely.

Thanks for all the nice comments.