Sure Not Bragging

Dave Monk

This is the first time that I have ever scrolled dark wood and put a light background behind it. The lettering is too small to be able to read it well. I used 1/4 walnut plywood with a Baltic birch backer. Live and learn. dave

What a scroller you've become .I'm amazed at all you've done and continue to be impressed with all your full blown skills you use everyday like it was childs play..!!!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:;)

This is the first time that I have ever scrolled dark wood and put a light background behind it. The lettering is too small to be able to read it well. I used 1/4 walnut plywood with a Baltic birch backer. Live and learn. dave

I really like the look. Great scroll work. Can I ask where the pattern came from? My wife loves butterflies and that would make a great gift when she retires next year.

Thanks again for all the comments. I thought I would try dark wood because I thought the outline of the butterfly would look best if it would be dark. The lettering is small enough that it is hard to read unless you are straight on.   I have an idea for next time I do it. Make the butterfly dark the wording light. The backer behind the butterfly light and black behind the lettering. I found the butterfly clip art on line and I designed the rest. Would be happy to shard the pattern. dave

Edited by Dave Monk

Things don't always come out as we hoped it might. But experimenting with different ideas can be very rewarding, because we learn from doing. And every now and then it becomes a discovery that opens a new door to many new and fun items as a result of the surprise outcome.. I love your experimenting and you have come up with some splendid things as a result. Keep up great work, Dave, we all enjoy your posts and inputs

Dick

heppnerguy