Owl Always Luv You

Denny Knappen

I finished this on the weekend.  The pattern is by Paul Boer and found in CWWC August 2011.  I used 1/2" Mahogany for the upright and I thought 3/4" Walnut for the base.  After applying 50% BLO, the base came out very red.  It must be Bloodwood.  I used FD UR #3 for most of the cuts and FD UR #5 for the veining and exterior.  Finished with one coat of 50% BLO and one coat spray Shellac.  Comments welcome.

post-29198-0-98435100-1467128754_thumb.jpg

I finished this on the weekend.  The pattern is by Paul Boer and found in CWWC August 2011.  I used 1/2" Mahogany for the upright and I thought 3/4" Walnut for the base.  After applying 50% BLO, the base came out very red.  It must be Bloodwood.  I used FD UR #3 for most of the cuts and FD UR #5 for the veining and exterior.  Finished with one coat of 50% BLO and one coat spray Shellac.  Comments welcome.

A lovers concerto! This will be a hit for ove birds,nice nice work Denny!

That looks great Denny,  Love the contrasting base.  Congratulations to you and your wife on 50 glorious years.  I have just done 45 and Terry asked what I would like, I said a reprieve.  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:   Good job he's got a sense of humor.

Marg